Post Picture Please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
Could I get someone lay out and take and post a good picture of all the tools that came with your factory Vmax tool kit.

I don't have the factory tool kit, Vmax is hard to find and if I did find one would want to make sure I get all the pieces in there.

Will really appreciate it.

Here's a pic of the tool kit from my 06. The small open end wrench is an 8/10 mm size, the med one is 10/12 mm size, and the large on is 14/17mm size. The nut wrench sizes are 27mm / 22mm / and 19mm.

The only tools I ever use from the tool kit are the 22 mm nut wrench with the spark plug socket to remove the spark plugs.

Attachments

• tool kit.jpg
    tool kit.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 55
Here's a pic of the tool kit from my 06. The small open end wrench is an 8/10 mm size, the med one is 10/12 mm size, and the large on is 14/17mm size. The nut wrench sizes are 27mm / 22mm / and 19mm.

The only tools I ever use from the tool kit are the 22 mm nut wrench with the spark plug socket to remove the spark plugs.

its a pretty useless set and you could make a better one with better tools (mainly the wrenches) i keep most of it in tact but added other allen keys and some electrical tape

the spark plug tool is very nice and the 27mm wrench and extender is good incase u gotta take the rear wheel off (or top nut of triple tree).

Garrett hit it pretty much right on.... the spark plug tool, 22mm and 10mm are really the only useful things in there.

A 5mm allen key is very useful(mine did not have any allen keys when I got it). I added one of those compact folding metric sets. The included screwdriver is next to worthless, toss it. Get a decent quality compact "do all" driver with interchangeable bits.

I always carry a Leatherman Skeletool...not really any bigger than a typical pocketknife, clips to your pocket, and you get pliers, cutters, a knife(great for shorting dead relays and solenoids), and four screwdriver bits. Great for all sorts of sticky situations.

So far though I've never had to use any of it for my bike....knock knock.

its a pretty useless set and you could make a better one with better tools (mainly the wrenches) i keep most of it in tact but added other allen keys and some electrical tape

the spark plug tool is very nice and the 27mm wrench and extender is good incase u gotta take the rear wheel off (or top nut of triple tree).

Same here...I use the spark plug wrench and made this "McGyvor" pack with misc stuff......Great minds think alike......:biglaugh:

Small vice grips will go a long way when added to the kit. I like to also use sockets in place of the wrench's (rarely used on the bike).

Sean

After 10 years,you just made me aware. Those 3 allen wrench's where missing from my kit. When I bought my Max new in 02.:bang head: Think ill go back & complane....:rofl_200:

After 10 years,you just made me aware. Those 3 allen wrench's where missing from my kit. When I bought my Max new in 02.:bang head: Think ill go back & complane....:rofl_200:

That's too funny Rusty. It would be a hoot if you did go back to the dealer & complained !! Tell all these years you couldn't take the scoops off cause you didn't have the right Yamaha approved tools that came with the bike's tool kit !! :rofl_200:

Thanks for the pics. I now know that I have the complete set +1 progressive suspension wrench. I added a Husky branded version of this ratcheting wrench. It allows me to use sockets a very low profile/tight spot as well allow 90 degree access and leverage to screws. Normal screwdriver bits fit in the 1/4" portion so the head width is only as wide as the screw. Was handy on carb removal for my old Virago. Haven't found a spot that tight on the VMax yet though.

Back