Problems Fixed -I hope

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
First wanted to thank eveyone that gave me some advice as well as all the information in this forum that made it possible to tear all this stuff open and find the issues. I ended up tearing all 4 carbs open, took everything out of them that I could unscrew and soaked them. No wonder the bike was running not very well. Previous owner hadnt ridden it for a while and didnt really know much about how to store a bike when not ridden for a while. Anyhow , carb one had a sliver of something blocing the Paj1. All floats were set very rich, 13/14mm. Carb 2 had a blocked pilot air jet. Carb four wasnt installed correctly and the needle nipple was not seated in the hole therfore that plastic tit thing was bent which had to mean the needle wasnt seating the same as the other 3 carbs. Bike came with cobra slip ons and whoever did the jet kit, really had things set very rich. All needles were set at the richest setting (clips were at the lowest setting on the needes)..Looks like a stage 1 kit from Dynojet. Anyhow I'm going to leave them there for now and see how everything runs from this point on. Only had the chance to take it for a quick 10 minute ride when I bought the bike. I think it should run much better now.

Latest posts

Back