problems still there....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
ok....so what I've seen , the bike will die AFTER being warmed up.....just fired it up, went to the store 10 miles away ....run GREAT!
went to come back and 1/2 mile down the road.....bucking (30 mph) like it was starving for gas.
All the way back....same thing (approx. 5 times total)
IF I let it come to a stop WITHOUT turning the key off, it WILL NOT start!
Turn the key off then RIGHT BACK on.....and hit start button....fires up like nothing happened!
IF I dont turn the key off when it does it, I can crank the starter ALL DAY and it will just crank.
This is REALLY pissing me off!!!!
ANYONE ANYWHERE EVER have this happen?????
Who's the electrical expert???
could it be electrical????? I've run seafoam it it and also blew air through the vent tube coming from the tank (thought the valve at the end was clogged.

My first guess is vapour lock in the gas tank, but I don't know why turning it off with the key and back on would fix it. When it dies, pop the gas cap off to see if it sucks in air.

Are you sure it isn't electrical? I had my main switch do that....would act like you turned the bike off.

Mark

I thought that too....I can still check it, but when it starts doing it.....if I play with the throttle I can somewhat keep it going.....acts like its starving for gas.....I wonder if something got wet when I drove home in the rain last Friday (2 wks ago....should have dried out by now if that was it....I'd think)

Key Switch. Two of the three wires came undone. I removed the connector and soldered them.

Mark

I can check those wires tomorrow....but I don't think that would explain why it doesn't do it til its warmed up.....hmmmm....damn thing!
Really getting to me.
I'll let you know how I make out.
Randy

Back