PROGRESSIVE front springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithben1983

Reaction score
I just saw that one of my fork seals is leaking really bad and I plan to upgrade my springs at the same time. If I get the spring kit from you does that include the seals and all that I need? also It seams that everyone lowers there bikes and I see that you have a kit for the 2" drop. think thats something I should go with as well?

We can supply everything though I usually suggest to get the fluid locally. I also suggest 1" lowering though the kit comes with 1" or 2" drop parts. Both work fine. We've dropped as much as 2.5" before.

Sean

oh okay so the drop of 1" will help with handling than? when the time comes for rear springs you should be able to help me out with that as well, how much to lower and what not?

what do you think the cost will be for everything for the front minus the fluid?

Got any interest in my old corbin seat? its in great shape and has a backrest.. its just hard. got a maxgasser coming soon here

I lowered mine 2" in the front and 1.5" in the back. Turns into corners much better and just seems to handle better all around. Frame braces don't hurt either.

Bought my 02 already lowered 2 inches front and back using progressive springs front and back. I love the look and having both feet flat on the ground at a stop is nice!!! Would like to feel the difference between lowering 1 inch vs 2. Anyone have any info on that?

We can supply everything though I usually suggest to get the fluid locally. I also suggest 1" lowering though the kit comes with 1" or 2" drop parts. Both work fine. We've dropped as much as 2.5" before.

Sean

May I ask why you suggest lowering 1 inch over 2 inches? Thanks

1" is a good happy medium for leaving some ground clearance. Most of our bikes get 2" but we don't have a ton of curves around here.

Sean

question how much fork oil do I need for this? I'm about to run to the store!!! Someone got new toys today!!!!

So im at the 2nd store looking for any type of synthitic fork oil.. Everyone treats me like im a dumbass and they dont have it... Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Synthetic Power Steering Fluid. Regular Auto Parts Store.

Sean

Synthetic Power Steering Fluid. Regular Auto Parts Store.

Sean

Sean is the Synthetic Power Steering Fluid equivalent to any specific weight of fork oil? I have 15wt in the forks now, but wanted to change to a lighter weight, like 10wt.

Thanks,

Tom

Back