progressive shocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05vmax

Reaction score
will 412-4072c progressive shocks fit my 2005 v max someone I no is selling them at a good price ?

what's the measurement from center to center, and do the bushing sizes match?

Posted with my thumbs.

13'' center to center don't know about the bushing size.What is the bushing size for my v max

I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure our shocks are that length. There's a chart on the progressive site that tells you what spring is on what shock. It's probably that the spring rate is pretty high compared to what's spec'd for our bikes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I think you may find the shock eyelet width is > the VMax's. Not the "hole" but the end of the shock itself, which would probably require a longer bolt. The eyelet hole is capable of accepting a variety of different-diameter bushings to accommodate different diameter bolts. The shocks come w/a variety of them (bushings), and you should be able to get them from P.S. if they don't come w/what you need.

0000-progressive-suspension-412-series-standard-top-with-bowtie-bottom-cover-shocks-chrome-mcss.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...-standard-top-with-bowtie-bottom-cover-shocks

$270 new. Those Harley shocks are for a bike weighing 25% > than a VMax. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/55/Bu...006-Harley-Davidson-Electra-Glide---FLHT.aspx

You are gonna be in for a rough ride, unless you change-out the springs, especially if they are the 'heavy-duty' springs (look on the shock spring, if it says, "HD," that's 'heavy-duty', not Harley Davidson. Maybe not so-good a deal when you factor-in the cost of the correct springs. Also, I am pretty-sure the eye-ends of the shock are thicker than that of a VMax, which would probably mean longer bolts at a minimum, and maybe different bushings for the shock eyelets, those are available from P.S. @ their website.

Agreed. I have great pricing on them new and unless you are getting them on an ebay auction for very cheap it's not going to be a very good deal. The other thing to watch out for on those shocks is the offset of the mounts.

You will definitely have to use different springs. I put a set of 440's on my Max that were intended for a H-D. It was so stiff that the rear suspension would not move at all.

Latest posts

Back