Puffin white smoke

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Reaction score
Smokes a little when revving up in neutral, but mostly just after up shifting. Havent noticed any fluid level changes.....yet. But it just started doin this. She is still runnin like a champ and i wouldnt have noticed but a buddy was behind me yesterday when it was doing it. Any ideas? Nemesis needs some help! :(

Forgot to mention, im planning on riding it a hundred miles away to Rolling Thunder in D.C. In a few weeks. Maybe not a good idea?

Mine did the same thing, found out it was a stuck oil ring. A little oil would get past the ring, go out the exhaust & burn on the header pipe. Causing white or blue smoke.I never notest any loss of power & road it like that for many miles till my tranny went out.:bang head:

This is somewhat of a dead post....any other posts that you know of explaining any other options about what this might be?

Usually white smoke is from burning antifreeze, but if your levels aren't low... Have you checked the condition/color of your spark plugs? Could be running lean....

No i havent checked the plugs. I will do that when i get home. If they are bad, what brand / type plugs seems to be the most popular?

NGK DPR8EA-9 are what is listed in the manual and work as well as any plug.
You can get them at a local auto store for about $2.50 each.

No i havent checked the plugs. I will do that when i get home. If they are bad, what brand / type plugs seems to be the most popular?
Doesn't necessarily mean the plugs are bad.....you just need to see what color they are/how your air-fuel mixture is. Replacing them isn't a bad place to start, and its cheap. White smoke can also be from moisture in the exhaust burning off, but should go away once the bike warms up to operating temp.

Ok, i will be checking the plugs soon and will probably just replace them. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Latest posts

Back