Purchase my first VMAX17 advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bathyscaphe

Reaction score
Hello, I'm close to finalizing a deal on this 2010 VMAX with 24.5k miles on it for $10k. After joining the forum and looking at the listings I found this 2016 with 19.6k miles for basically the same price.
I now feel like I'm getting a bad deal with the 2010 and should stop if I can get the 2016 instead.

The 2010 is not originally blue, it was red and it was later changed, when I facetime with the dealer, I notice scratches by the shifter peg, I also do not prefer the single exhaust it currently has. I like the dual look.
The 2016 has less miles and stock which is what I'm looking for.

Should I get the dealer to lower the price on the 2010 to 8k or lower as the J.D. Power websites says its the average retail value or not bother and focus on the 2016 if I available? I live in Texas so the 2016 would cost more to transport to me but it would be worth it. Any comments, advice, and critics before I make any purchase is welcome.

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong thread.

Agree with the consensus....Go for the newer one. Anyone that changes color of a bike is doing so cause the bike went down. As your observations detected scratches.

As for transport....rent a car and ride that baby home. Get a feel for it.

Hello, I'm close to finalizing a deal on this 2010 VMAX with 24.5k miles on it for $10k. After joining the forum and looking at the listings I found this 2016 with 19.6k miles for basically the same price.
I now feel like I'm getting a bad deal with the 2010 and should stop if I can get the 2016 instead.

The 2010 is not originally blue, it was red and it was later changed, when I facetime with the dealer, I notice scratches by the shifter peg, I also do not prefer the single exhaust it currently has. I like the dual look.
The 2016 has less miles and stock which is what I'm looking for.

Should I get the dealer to lower the price on the 2010 to 8k or lower as the J.D. Power websites says its the average retail value or not bother and focus on the 2016 if I available? I live in Texas so the 2016 would cost more to transport to me but it would be worth it. Any comments, advice, and critics before I make any purchase is welcome.

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong thread.
Where in Texas, hell I'll catch a bus today. Or the train, trains are nice.

Agree with the consensus....Go for the newer one. Anyone that changes color of a bike is doing so cause the bike went down. As your observations detected scratches.

As for transport....rent a car and ride that baby home. Get a feel for it.
I wish I could ride it back but unfortunately I don't have the time. I was going to drive and get the one in South Carolina but definitely not all the way to PA.

I have signed the documents on the 2016 bike and just waiting for the transportation to pick-up the bike now. It will be a LONG and slow 1-2 weeks...

I wish I could ride it back but unfortunately I don't have the time. I was going to drive and get the one in South Carolina but definitely not all the way to PA.

I have signed the documents on the 2016 bike and just waiting for the transportation to pick-up the bike now. It will be a LONG and slow 1-2 weeks...
LOL, gotta make time to ride. I have Sean Morley doing a seat for my Gen 2. Its not a matter of money regarding shipping. I just like riding. So when the seat is done....I am gonna ride 600 miles to swap the seat. 9 hour 44 minute trip. Goal is 8 hours or under. Preferably 7, LOL.

Back