purple coolant?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie1

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen purple coolant????

I've started my valve adjustment and drained the coolant in order to remove some hoses for better access...

anyway, I removed the bottom drain plug and a very purpleish coolant came out. after the initial draining I turned the drain fitting on the front, below the radiator and a more normal green coolant came out and even more greeen stuff as I remove hoses, allowing air into the top of the system.

ive seen different reds , think royal purple makes a purplish one. some for aluminum and others maybe same thing like dex-cool required by newer gm vehicles. sounds like someone just added a little in there eh? should be no big deal are you chg it anyways?

not changing...i'm doing the valves and had to pull some hoses for clearance. I was just gonna run the coolant thru a couple coffee filters and re-use it if it don't look too bad.

I'll put it in a clear container and see if any cloudiness settles out.

As cheap as coolant is and the fact that you don't know when it was last changed would necessitate changing it IMO.

Run some white vinegar/distilled water through a couple of full warm ups and then fill with new coolant.

Jim P. runs the purple coolant which is a synthetic stuff I think. I think it may be ICE.

Sean

Toyota's Come With " PURPLE A/F " From The Factory ! ... JUST THROWING THIS OUT THERE ! ... :confused2:

it's all purple....but has a dark greenish hue i guess cause of the deep container I drained it into??? i guess the depth makes the color appear to change. i just never heard of purple coolant.

Latest posts

Back