Question about front coil bracket.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
What is the purpose of the two pins (with screws in ends) in the attached picture of the front coil bracket?

I am assuming that the vboost motor attaches to the two screws opposite these pins.

I am going to use this mount to fabricate a battery shelf/coil/servo mount for my venture.

Anyone have a picture of this and or the rear coil mount in the bike?

Gary

Attachments

• DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01590s.jpg
    DSC01590s.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 36
What is the purpose of the two pins (with screws in ends) in the attached picture of the front coil bracket?

I am assuming that the vboost motor attaches to the two screws opposite these pins.

I am going to use this mount to fabricate a battery shelf/coil/servo mount for my venture.

Anyone have a picture of this and or the rear coil mount in the bike?

Gary
I have a few pics, probably not at the best angle but here ya go.
Picture of front coils from in front of engine looking up.
IMG_0559.jpg
Next 2 pictures are from the rear looking into the area of the CDI/ Vboost motor/ front coils with airbox and carbs removed.
IMG_0564.jpgIMG_0566.jpg
I hope this helps.
Edit: On the Vmax there is not much room to add anything, with the front coils removed I could fit a compressor for a Stebel horn in there (I'm pretty sure of this, but have not done it). It most likely is a very hot enviroment being above the front cylinder and behind the radiator. There is a formed rubber shield that directs the fan air/ clean air across the cylinder head so there is a bit of protection from heat.

Thank You Gentlemen !

From Redbone's 3rd picture, it looks like the two pins are a wiring harness guide.

I am slowly getting it back together. The throttle cable & clutch cables were a challenge, I had to rework the pull cable to get it to clear the frame. The choke is cable controlled from the left side grip on the Ventures, I had to reconfigure it's mount also.

Gary

Attachments

• DSC01584s.JPG
    DSC01584s.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 20
Keep in mind the "pins" are just bushing that the screw passes all the way through to bolt into the bracket.

Sean

Thank You Gentlemen !

From Redbone's 3rd picture, it looks like the two pins are a wiring harness guide.

I am slowly getting it back together. The throttle cable & clutch cables were a challenge, I had to rework the pull cable to get it to clear the frame. The choke is cable controlled from the left side grip on the Ventures, I had to reconfigure it's mount also.

Gary
The wiring that is laying on top of the bracket is laying there because I removed the zip ties holding it to the top rh frame tube. Mike's picture shows the area clearer than my picture I think.

Latest posts

Back