Question about my Dad's 2005

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fenix

Reaction score
Hey Guys, its been awhile!

I haven't been on much since I sold my 2005 and switched over to the M109R, but my Dad recently bought a 2005 (106 of 2000) down in Tuscan. He had it sent up to me here in North Dakota for when he gets back up here this summer, and I took it for a quick spin and noticed right away that this one is lacking some power that my 2005 had.

The differences I have noticed right off the bad are as follows:

My bike had 4000 miles when I bought it, sold it at 10000. This bike has 21000.

My bike had a K&N filter and this one does not. Not sure if mine had any carb tuning done along with that.

My bike had T-boost installed with a switch up front.

Do you guys think just switching up to the K&N and installing T-boost will get that power back or what do you suggest?

I also noticed on K&N's site that they offer a straight up replacement filters or 4 smaller ones, do the 4 smaller ones mount inside the stock airbox or are they to be used with a different airbox mod of sorts?

Thanks for any replies.

The differences I have noticed right off the bad are as follows:

My bike had 4000 miles when I bought it, sold it at 10000. This bike has 21000.

My bike had a K&N filter and this one does not. Not sure if mine had any carb tuning done along with that.

My bike had T-boost installed with a switch up front.

Do you guys think just switching up to the K&N and installing T-boost will get that power back or what do you suggest?

I also noticed on K&N's site that they offer a straight up replacement filters or 4 smaller ones, do the 4 smaller ones mount inside the stock airbox or are they to be used with a different airbox mod of sorts?

Thanks for any replies.

Tboost really isn't going to do anything.

The 4 individual air filters will only work with air correctors. they're made to run w/o the airbox.

Your dad's bike might just need a plug and fluid change and a carb sync.

Back