Question for electrical genius's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
I am converting my turn signals to LED's. They are dual intensity LED lights. I put the necessary diodes in the dash indicator light. The signals flash okay, just a bit fast. On the rear signal lights I want to use one lead of the bulb for the turn indicator, and the other lead for a brake. Yes I want my turn signal to light up when I hit the brakes. The more lights the better. The brakes work as they should and the turn signals work as they should except when trying to work both at the same time. I dont have the front signals on yet but I believe that I will have the same issue with running lights/ turn signals.
What do I need to install in the lines to get these to work properly? Diodes or resistors?

Get a tail light integrater for a trailer. Wire your blinkers to the tail light outputs. They will perform like you are wanting...

Yyy...how do you connect those leds? Give us more details. Sorry but I cant get this clear from your first post :ummm:

You should not have those kind of problems.
No offence but, personaly i think its kind of stupid to use doublelight bulbs/leds
on the rear indicators and use this like stop light :confused2:
Its very simple tho, just connect it to tailight and it should work unless im missing something?

Yyy...how do you connect those leds? Give us more details. Sorry but I cant get this clear from your first post :ummm:

You should not have those kind of problems.
No offence but, personaly i think its kind of stupid to use doublelight bulbs/leds
on the rear indicators and use this like stop light :confused2:
Its very simple tho, just connect it to tailight and it should work unless im missing something?

From reading his post all he wants is his turn signals to light up when he hits the brakes. Lets the cars behind him see him better when stopping.

And what about of not perfect brake switch and eventually stop light temporaly blinking and someone may think you wanna turn?

With the integrator, the brakelight will only blink if the brakes are applied (unless you turn that feature off). Otherwise, the turn signals will work normally.

everything will work normally with the exception of both turn signals will turn on when the brakes are applied. If a turn signal is turned on while braking. that turn signal will flash, while the other signal and the brake stay on.

Aaaaa thats the diffrent thing. This might work.

I was thinking that connecting signals directly to stop light would be suicidal.
Lots of idiots on the roads and its easy to get second hole in you arse by some carger.

Im more careful after my accident, that guy want see me after all.

With the integrator, the brakelight will only blink if the brakes are applied (unless you turn that feature off). Otherwise, the turn signals will work normally.

everything will work normally with the exception of both turn signals will turn on when the brakes are applied. If a turn signal is turned on while braking. that turn signal will flash, while the other signal and the brake stay on.

Redbone, your correct. I want the most light back there when I am stopping. It is getting into "blue hair" season here in Florida and some of them just cant see so well.

I did get them to work without an integrator. I switched the leads going into the lights. Switched turn and brake wires around.

This problem even stumped the tech at custom dynamics. They suggested an integrator also.

Now I still have the fast flash rate that I would like tom slow down.

Back