R1 Blue Spot Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Is there a sealing o-ring or anything on the inserts or "spots" on a blue spot or gold spot caliper?

I'm looking to get one powder coated but I am not planning on removing the inserts since I don't have the tool. Just curious if there was a seal on the spots that would be harmed in the oven.

Yes, if you are going to powdercoat you need to take it apart to get the pistons out. I can loan you the tool if desired. You have my email!

Sean

Pistons, piston seals, and dust seals are out. Caliper is totally bare except for the spots. Is there a seal on the spot itself?

That I can't remember now? It's been too long since I took one apart.

I never seen it but i assume there is. Anything that is threaded into an oil compartment has to have some means of sealing coz the thread will leak...

For what its worth... Be careful and isolate the threads properly with temp tape or you'll have yourself an headache further down the road...

web_caliper_tool.jpg

Hello Wildweasel...where did you get your Blue Spot removal tool?

I've borrowed Sean's before (worked great!) but I'd love to buy one for myself.

Thanks.

Elimax

There is an o ring on each spot.
Thanks for loaning the tool sean.

Planning to coat the caliper, anodize the pistons. I was gonna buy new seals but these ones look fine and they are NOT cheap.

There is an o ring on each spot.
Thanks for loaning the tool sean.

Planning to coat the caliper, anodize the pistons. I was gonna buy new piston and dust seals but these ones look fine and they are NOT cheap.

Attachments

• 2012-02-06_19-28-09_632.jpg
    2012-02-06_19-28-09_632.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 17
Ended up making a tool to remove the inserts. Its aint pretty but it works.

Attachments

• 2012-06-16_17-02-38_303.jpg
    2012-06-16_17-02-38_303.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 14
Question on caliper seal kits:

Do these kits only do 1 piston in the caliper, or do they do 2 pistons? There are two P/N's on the fische, one for each size piston. They list each P/N twice though. So I'm not sure if I need to buy 2 of each P/N or 1?

Anyone know?

CALIPER SEAL KIT (3GM-25803-10-00)

CALIPER SEAL KIT (3MA-25803-10-00)

Latest posts

Back