radar detector

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomone

Reaction score
Well after today I find the need to invest on a radar detector.... needless to say I got a ticket.... 78 on a 55. "But it was a flat long road", the cop didtn care....
So, I did a search and nothing came up on radar detectors, are you guys using any? And if so which ones. They can be pricy! I was also looking for the H.A.R.D. system that atually puts a light inside the helmet, cuz you cant hear the damn thing at those speeds...
Any way, any input will be apprciated.

I HAD ONE ONCE , THE PROBLEM WAS I WAS ALWAYS TRAVELING AT SUCH A HIGH RATE OF SPEED , THAT BY THE TIME IT WENT OFF , I WAS BLOWING BY THE COP ! SO I KNEW IT WAS " HAMMER TIME " ! IF YOU LOOK , YOU CAN SEE IT AT THE LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF MY HEADLIGHT , 2 CLEAR TUBES , LOOKED COOL BUT WAS USELESS ! SAVE THE MONEY & " RUN " & ITS MORE FUN !:biglaugh:http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=24&pictureid=108

PLUS NOW ALL OF THE COPS USE " INSTANT ON " & OR THE PORTABLE LASER RADAR GUNS & WHEN THEY HEAR YOU COMING OR SEE YOU , THEY JUST CLICK IT ON & YOUR BEAT ! AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS ; " THE CHASE IS ON " ! ..:punk:

I HAVE AN IDEA , THIS IS MY NEXT BIKE ANYWAY , NO DOUGHT ! ... IF YOU BUY A HAYABUSA YOU WON'T NEED A RADAR DETECTOR ! YOU'LL BLOW BY THE F'ING COP SO F'ING FAST THAT HELL BE SMACKING THE TOP OF HIS RADAR UNIT , SAYING " WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS THING NOW " ! YOU KNOW HE WONT EVEN PULL OUT , HE WONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE F#*K IT WAS HE'LL THINK HE'S HALLUCINATING !!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE PROBLEM SOLVED , NO CHARGE ! ... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I HAVE AN IDEA , THIS IS MY NEXT BIKE ANYWAY , NO DOUGHT ! ... IF YOU BUY A HAYABUSA YOU WON'T NEED A RADAR DETECTOR ! YOU'LL BLOW BY THE F'ING COP SO F'ING FAST THAT HELL BE SMACKING THE TOP OF HIS RADAR UNIT , SAYING " WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS THING NOW " ! YOU KNOW HE WONT EVEN PULL OUT , HE WONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE F#*K IT WAS HE'LL THINK HE'S HALLUCINATING !!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE PROBLEM SOLVED , NO CHARGE ! ... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good one! LOL

Cop runner... wow, you are actually recommending to run... lol... I see it now.. "sorry officer, COP RUNNER on VmaxForum told me to..." cops response "oh well, in that case, you're free to go.... dumbshit..."

Radars dont do shit, I got caught driving my car 106 in a 60mph area, almost ran a semi truck and Pacific Union guy, Radar didnt go off, since I was going past him at 126/127... not worth the cash man, just look further ahead and watch yourself

In a nutshell, When your speeding along at a really good clip. Your radar detector is just going to tell you that you've just been clocked. Especially if they leave the unit in pause, then "instant on" on your ass.

By the time your eye/hears percieves it, and the signal from your brain gets to your extremities to slow down, the radar has just clocked, verified and re-verified you several times.

Your best bet if you choose to fight the ticket is to see when the radar was last certified, and if the officer using the radar was (a) checked off on the unit or (b) used the tuning forks to check calibration prior to the start of thier shift.

You would be amaized how many tickets get tossed cause the officer didn't follow procedure to testing the unit. At most departments It's required at the start of every shift.

A guy I used to work with failed to do this a couple of times and the ticket was tossed on both occasions.

Just pay attention to time of day, and location where a radar trap might be in front of you.

Cop runner... wow, you are actually recommending to run... lol... I see it now.. "sorry officer, COP RUNNER on VmaxForum told me to..." cops response "oh well, in that case, you're free to go.... dumbshit..."

Radars dont do shit, I got caught driving my car 106 in a 60mph area, almost ran a semi truck and Pacific Union guy, Radar didnt go off, since I was going past him at 126/127... not worth the cash man, just look further ahead and watch yourself
TO ME , PULLING OVER IS LIKE PULLING OUT :th_love031: ..! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME !:rofl_200: ... I COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER ! RADAR DETECTORS DON'T DO SHIT !

TO ME , PULLING OVER IS LIKE PULLING OUT ! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME !:rofl_200: ... I COULDN'T OF SAID IT BETTER ! RADAR DETECTORS DON'T DO SHIT !

Pulling out can mean if the woman is pregnant or not and basically if yore ur life is over or not... unless you're wearing a bag... then there is no point of pulling out:eusa_dance:

In a nutshell, When your speeding along at a really good clip. Your radar detector is just going to tell you that you've just been clocked. Especially if they leave the unit in pause, then "instant on" on your ass.

By the time your eye/hears percieves it, and the signal from your brain gets to your extremities to slow down, the radar has just clocked, verified and re-verified you several times.

Your best bet if you choose to fight the ticket is to see when the radar was last certified, and if the officer using the radar was (a) checked off on the unit or (b) used the tuning forks to check calibration prior to the start of thier shift.

You would be amaized how many tickets get tossed cause the officer didn't follow procedure to testing the unit. At most departments It's required at the start of every shift.

A guy I used to work with failed to do this a couple of times and the ticket was tossed on both occasions.

Just pay attention to time of day, and location where a radar trap might be in front of you.[/QUOTE]
KJ, YOU ARE THE MAN ! WELL PUT ! I'LL SPEAK FOR MYSELF , BUY THE TIME MY DETECTOR WENT OFF & MY BRAIN SAID " OH SHIT , THE COPS " MY HAND WAS ALREADY TWISTING THE THROTTLE ! :biglaugh: ,, I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO BE IN COURT ON OCCASION , ( J-WALKING , STUFF LIKE THAT :biglaugh: ) AND HAVE SEEN THEM THROWN OUT A LOT FOR THE MACHINE NOT BEING CALIBRATED EVERY DAY ! I WAS ALWAYS SURPRISED HOW NASTY THE DEFENDANTS LAWYER WOULD GET WITH THE COP & MAKE HIM LOOK STUPID SOMETIMES ! I WAS SURPRISED THE JUDGE WOULD LET IT GO ON FOR AS LONG AS THEY DO ! I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE A LAWYER LEAVING THE COURT HOUSE ! THATS FOR SURE !

CR, your colors are annoying... lol, how much time do you spend on changing colors of txt?

Pulling out can mean if the woman is pregnant or not and basically if yore ur life is over or not... unless you're wearing a bag... then there is no point of pulling out:eusa_dance:
I HAD A VASECTOMY ! I RIDE BAREBACK & PULL OUT OF NOTHING ! ...:punk:PS. MY SON IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME ! ..:punk:

I HAD A VASECTOMY ! I RIDE BAREBACK & PULL OUT OF NOTHING UNLESS SHE WANTS TO SEE " THE MONEY SHOT "! ...:punk:PS. MY SON IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME ! ..:punk:
OLD MAN... lol, I'm 21, I pull out so I dont have a son (when not wearing a bag)...

cr, your colors are annoying... Lol, how much time do you spend on changing colors of txt?
an extra 15 seconds , a year or two ago it took a long time , but i'm getting the hang of it now ! I'M GETTING DIZZY !:rofl_200:

you're what 57? 58... running from cops to give you a woody that you havn't havnt had in some time... haha, kiddin :)

you're what 57? 58... Running from cops to give you a woody that you havn't havnt had in some time... Haha, kiddin :)
:hijacked:theres two things i do good ! And one thing i do great ! I'm a veteran in that department & i hope your as successful as I've been over the years ! I'll give you some advise & I'm no joking ! Always remember , girls talk even more than guys do & its like free advertisement , so if your great at sex , they tell all of their friends IN DETAIL ! And girls are spiteful , so if your good at it , she is telling all of her friends & there all thinking of you , just waiting for the wright time to " ARISE " to find out for themselves ! Trust me ! They are all like this ! Anymore advise is going to co$t you ! "lol""lol" PS . THIS IS THE SAME IF YOU SUCK IN BED ! THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS , HER FRIENDS AREN'T WAITING TO BANG YOU !:rofl_200::looser::jerk it::looser::jerk it::looser::rofl_200:

Back