Radials on my ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
I can't believe I got it done. Radials on my Vmax. I've been wanting radials for years. And though I think Carro's are just the most beautiful wheel on the planet, I just couldn't afford a set right now. But waiting patiently as possible I got a Kosman 17" and thought an 85 front matched well. Both wheels were great deals, from two Texas Bro's on this forum. Tina got me a set of Metzler Z6's as a gift. She knew how bad I wanted them. What a wife I have. I just put about 350 miles on them and can't believe how my bike handles and rides. It's like riding on a cloud. The cost was replaced by some minor aggravation and the labor I put in. I had the time to polish just the lips, strip and powder coat. I wanted less cleaning and more riding. The black was just right.

Steve-o

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 101
Looks amazing. Post up a few more pics of the bike with the new rubber!

Those wheels look great Steve, that 85 front matches the rear very well, im sure you are a happy camper

Hey Steve, finally :)
How does it feel now? Great right! :)

What size did you get for the z6?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Very nice. Try to put into words the differences in your old wheels & tires for those moments when some ......... attempts to tell everyone who'll listen , just how great those bias ply tires handle. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Bike looks outstanding.

Looks amazing. Post up a few more pichoughts of the bike with the new rubber!
es,

I'll take more when the rain quits. Thanks guys. Rotors, bearings and seals all had to be added in. I should be good for a while. The 180 rear fit the stock swingarm with 2.5 mm space left. Just bracing and powdercoating needed. Then I'm done?:rofl_200:

Attachments

• Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hey Steve, finally :)
How does it feel now? Great right! :)

What size did you get for the z6?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I got a 110/80/18 up front. And a 180/55/17 rear, Mike. The first thing I noticed was no longer being effected by grooves in the road. Then I took an off ramp without braking and am still here to talk about it. It feels as nice as changing the calipers and knowing you have some stopping power now.

Just need an earlier set of forks and proper rotors... Well done. You finally tackled the spacing problem at the rear....

They look even better in person. Now I'm screwed I have Garrett and now Steve both with radials. My wife's gonna kill me. I'm hoping for a set of cazz's real soon. Thanks guys :(

They look even better in person. Now I'm screwed I have Garrett and now Steve both with radials. My wife's gonna kill me. I'm hoping for a set of cazz's real soon. Thanks guys :(
If you do it you will NOT be disappointed, the Carrozerria wheels are beautiful and L I G H T! :worthy:

Thanks again guys, it means a lot hearing it from the Bro's. I think a shipment of Carro's is going to Lakeville soon. Mark is right in the middle of Garrett and Steve-o. And, Dale in Fall River. The Monkey has him surrounded!

Thanks again guys, it means a lot hearing it from the Bro's. I think a shipment of Carro's is going to Lakeville soon. Mark is right in the middle of Garrett and Steve-o. And, Dale in Fall River. The Monkey has him surrounded!

You can say that again :damn angry: but I got the wife like 3/4 there now for the carr's by next week I'll have her eating out of my hands :rofl_200:

Now what color should I get hmmmm!!!!:ummm: :confused2:

I'm leaning towards black.......

Latest posts

Back