radials on stock rims.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably get flamed on this one but I'm kinda leaning on stepping onto the dark side with this for a rear tire.....165/80R-15 Nexen radial tire, which should fit.

You may have brought up a cheap solution for a lot of people. The height is close enough. I've never endorsed this before, but I think if I hadn't
already spent a ton of money I'd be on the Dark side band wagon. Now we can both get flamed.
rofl_200.gif

Steve-o

Hey Steve, if you read the "Dark Side" link that I had posted earlier, the guy Daniel with the Honda Valkyrie has ridden and I quote, "As of this writing I have put about 42,000 miles (edit 12/5/07...over 100,000 miles now) on car-tires on my Valkyrie in a multitude of extreme conditions. High-speed highway, high-speed rain, wind, dirt/gravel, twisties, congested city, construction, and emergency stops. I'll take some heat for this, but there is NO downside for the experienced rider. The car tire has been superior in every condition. I've found the car-tire to be so far superior to the MC tire for the rear of the Valkyrie that there is no point in my pretending I'll ever go back to the MC tire."

So I think I'm going to Step to the "Dark Side"...the only thing is, I wish that I can find a radial car tire of the same brand, ie Dunlop, Bridgestone, Continental, etc to match the motorcycle radial tire....

I think I'm going with this for the front, Avon AV55 ST Storm 2 110/80R-18 and the 165/80R-15 Nexen radial tire for the rear....

If you don't ride real aggresively in the tuns you will be alright and the tire will last a long time. Otherwise a car tire is really not a good idea. They are not designed to be leaned over like a motorcycle tire is.

There was a lot of discussion about this on the Triumph Rocket forum....leaning the bike hard can cause a car tire to roll onto it's sidewall.....not good.

If you don't ride real aggresively in the tuns you will be alright and the tire will last a long time. Otherwise a car tire is really not a good idea. They are not designed to be leaned over like a motorcycle tire is.

There was a lot of discussion about this on the Triumph Rocket forum....leaning the bike hard can cause a car tire to roll onto it's sidewall.....not good.

Even when I rode my Suzuki RF900R, I rarely ever leaned far enough to scrape the feelers on my footpegs; so leaning too far on my 'Max is not even going to be a serious issue....

Even when I rode my Suzuki RF900R, I rarely ever leaned far enough to scrape the feelers on my footpegs; so leaning too far on my 'Max is not even going to be a serious issue....

Then I'd say you're good to go! You'll probably get 15K miles out of it.

Latest posts

Back