Radiator and Carb Covers From Prez Installed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread about these since our shipment came in to Kyle so here's how mine came together...

Prez gets the big thanks on these. It had to be a Royal PITA for him to get these finalized with the shops he
had doing the work screwing up and all. Prez came through and I owe him a Big Thank You.

Initially, these were a polished stainless finish. Once I had them on, my wife and I agreed it was just to much glow....
I changed the angle on one radiator side piece. None of the ones that Kyle received matched from one side to the other.
No big deal. A slightly further bend on one piece.

Then, I proceeded to buy sand at Home Depot to blast the finish with. When I got it home and opened the bag, it was wet.
I dumped it in a bucket and began a week long process to make it dry and blastable....:bang head:
I did the carb runners too.. BTW, I used all Stainless Button Head Screws during installation... Looks Sweet.

Here's a few pictures of how well these turned out. I Love Them, Wife does too.... Not sure if I'll install a set on the 89,
it's running perfect but it's fate's still up in the air... It's rough riding all 4 bikes each week to keep them all running good.

Dave

Attachments

• Right Side Covers on Strafer.jpg
    Right Side Covers on Strafer.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Right Front Covers on Strafer.jpg
    Right Front Covers on Strafer.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Left Front Covers on Strafer.jpg
    Left Front Covers on Strafer.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 104
That's nice. Like the blasting, matches in with the paint scheme well.

Prez done good. :clapping:

Good eye Dave....they fit Strafer like a glove! :clapping:

Looks like they were made for your bike.....well, they were weren't they!! :punk:

I haven't seen a thread about these since our shipment came in to Kyle so here's how mine came together...
Prez gets the big thanks on these. It had to be a Royal PITA for him to get these finalized with the shops he
had doing the work screwing up and all. Prez came through and I owe him a Big Thank You.
I was jut wondering why nobody posted any info about those yet?

Yeah, no so easy as I planned and completly no gain on this at the end...

Initially, these were a polished stainless finish. Once I had them on, my wife and I agreed it was just to much glow....
I changed the angle on one radiator side piece. None of the ones that Kyle received matched from one side to the other.
No big deal. A slightly further bend on one piece.

Yeah, I decieded that perfect angle is not important and chose the "traditional bending machine" instead "cnc bending machine" which would cost a little more.

Then, I proceeded to buy sand at Home Depot to blast the finish with. When I got it home and opened the bag, it was wet.
I dumped it in a bucket and began a week long process to make it dry and blastable....:bang head:
I did the carb runners too.. BTW, I used all Stainless Button Head Screws during installation... Looks Sweet.
Blasphemy Dave, blasphemy! :rofl_200:

Not my deal what anybody would like to do with them - even if you want to paint them pink LOL

Here's a few pictures of how well these turned out. I Love Them, Wife does too.... Not sure if I'll install a set on the 89,
it's running perfect but it's fate's still up in the air... It's rough riding all 4 bikes each week to keep them all running good.

Dave
Loking good!

Prez, You Are The Man.... If we ever meet in person, I'm buyin a round, be it Coffee, Tea or whatever your having.

I'm Very Happy with these covers.. They look Incredible.......

Pink's definitely not my color....:rofl_200:

Dave in Florida

Prez, You Are The Man.... If we ever meet in person, I'm buyin a round, be it Coffee, Tea or whatever your having.

I'm Very Happy with these covers.. They look Incredible.......

Pink's definitely not my color....:rofl_200:

Dave in Florida

prez drinks beer!

437__53828_zoom.gif

Latest posts

Back