Rear wheel spacer help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that is from your rear wheel.
It goes in the right side of the wheel, up against the sealed bearing. The oil seal helps keep it in place. The flat side sticks out, the side with a ridge goes against the bearing.

I will be looking at the bike tommorow morning and pulling the tire off and putting in the spacer. Thanks to all that gave thier advice and or pics. It was a great help. If it had came off in the garage while I was disassembling it I would have known. Again THanks for the input. :biglaugh:

if the washer is in its original position and he brought the tire/rim to the shop i'm not sure how that'd be stuck to it. 4mm sounds like the one on the ball bearing to me.

called it! hehe

I will be looking at the bike tommorow morning and pulling the tire off and putting in the spacer. Thanks to all that gave thier advice and or pics. It was a great help. If it had came off in the garage while I was disassembling it I would have known. Again THanks for the input. :biglaugh:

i'd check your bearings too. replace them if anything feels funny. the ball bearing is easy and cheap (all balls) so it might be worth it.... just a thought.

called it! hehe
internet_high_five_place_hand_here_right_480x444_RE_comics_10-s480x444-94262.jpg

Could the spacer from the brake side stick to wheel also?. Bike drives fine as far as I could tell. :confused2:

mine did, i swapped from stock wheels to sportmax 18's and never noticed the washer that sits against the right [brake] side bearing, it was stuck to the oem rear wheel.

ran it that way for two years[never had a problem till i somehow burned up the caliper/rotor late one night, upon removal, found that the caliper bracket had rubbed on the rotor bolts, has a little groove in it, but no other damage.

putting it back together with a bracket for a R1 caliper and a 298mm rotor, so i dug out the oem wheel and there was that spacer stuck to the opening against the bearing[ [i had already used an online microfische when i noticed the oem bracket had been rubbing the rotor bolts and realized there was a spacer missing] and there it was still attached to the old wheel.

the only thing i remember was it wouldnt turn with the amount of torque that my clymer specified, and i even called the guys at blueridge who sold me the wheel set and he wasnt sure what was going on, except that he thought the torque spec was high.......
so anyway the spacer is going back on "inside" the caliper bracket this time, along with 18 shiny new stainless steel rotor bolts [wave rotors front and back with this upgrade].

doug hunt

Back