Regular V-Boost or Full Time V-Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you perfer Factory default V-Boost or Full Time V-Boost

• Factory V-Boost

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Full Time V-Boost

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I know with the V-Boost set up as factory default you save on gas but I'm wondering how many perfer full time V-Boost.

Ron

i think it depends on what jetting you are running. i like factory now but that may change in a month!

I would prefer it kick in at 3K, that way you can roll from a stop and then whack it open! :)

I have the T-boost set-up on mine and actually I rarely use it. I only bother if I'm really in a mischievous mood. They T-boost makes it feel like it has more torque in the mid-range, but truthfully makes less peak power. I was considering taking off the v-boost/ full time (same thing), but I really like the novelty of it. It's part of what makes the Vmax so special.:th_2fc2c5a5:

Well I have gone with a different approach on this subject. I have installed a manual vboost set up using a grip shift from a 21 speed bike - this way I can control the boost operation.

Keep it closed to sync carbs, rainy days, econo runs or full boost open from idle for more aggressive riding or any variation of boost opening depending on circumstances, ie: half open to pass, etc...

Cheap mod at about $30 or less depending on if you have a donor bicycle.

Mike

Last edited:
Well I have gone with a different approach on this subject. I have installed a manual vboost set up using a grip shift from a 21 speed bike - this way I can control the boost operation.

Keep it closed to sync carbs, rainy days, econo runs or full boost open from idle for more aggressive riding or any variation of boost opening depending on circumstances, ie: half open to pass, etc...

Cheap mod at about $30 or less depending on if you have a donate bicycle.

Mike

Looks like it is almost 50 50 poll results on the choices, From what I can see the only down side is the amount of gas you use, the V-Boost coming on can be more of a problem in the rain than having full time V-Boost, no surprises. I bought a V-Boost controller and then decided to sell it because I perfer full time V-Boost.

Now Mike you have me a bit concerned when you said one reason was syncing the carbs, I'm about to install my carbs and I didn't know you couldn't sync the carbs with the V-Boost disconnected. Are you sure about that??

Ron

With the V-Boost unhooked into the open position you can't accurately sync the carbs since the vacuum draw is pulling off of both. With it closed the draw is strictly each separate carb.

Sean

i hooked up a SASY vboost controller a cple days ago.
i like it a lot better than the tboost. i havnt had a chance to play with it much as its been raining like a MOFO up here:bang head:. but, i like the vboost hitting at 4500 the best so far. 3000 is great 4 playing around downtown. layin rubber n such:punk:.
one thing disapoints me about the sasy unit.
its advertised as having a REV limiter. in fact it does NOT!! it shuts off the vboost at various rpms....to give the impression of a rev limiter. not that i wanted or needed a limiter.....i just dont like sensationalist claims like that!!:rofl_200: but i am happy with the SASY.

someone tell me if i'm wrong.....

couldn't you basically set up a switch that when on would allow perfectly normal vboost operations but when u flip it off, it stops the butterfly valve wherever u hit off. so u can cycle at start and hit off when u know its fully open (during that slight pause)? basically just cutting the power to the motor or controller or whateve ryou need to ? something like the thermostat switch idea?

there may be times u want it off (rainy days, synching) or u want it full or u want it normal. tboost's off just never lets it go on, doesn't pause it mid-cycle or anything.

Yep. One pole of the switch would tap into the gray or signal wire and the other would be wired to ground.

The T-Boost and the Sasy do that.. If you are talking about turning the V-Boost on and off when you want.

I don't like boost on all the time but my bike isn't setup for it. I like the feeling of the boost coming in at what ever I set it at. I find 4500 to be the best. It also allows me to drive over 50mph without the boost being on all the time. MPG really suffers with boost on. Of course with the Sasy I can make it what ever I want when ever I am sitting at idle.

Chris

Yep. One pole of the switch would tap into the gray or signal wire and the other would be wired to ground.

thnx mark i figured someone would know which wires...

The T-Boost and the Sasy do that.. If you are talking about turning the V-Boost on and off when you want.

t-boost either won't let it go on at all, turn it on from 3k and up or 6k (stock and up)

sasy will let u do that as well, but i don't believe u can just keep it 'on'...

plus my idea would probably be $5.

Yes you can... I think it goes 1500, 3000, 4500, 6000 and off all time and on all time.

Chris

The Sasy does, bought one but sold it because I wanted full time V-Boost. When I put my carbs back on I connected the V-Boost so I guess I'll keep it on for a while and see if I like it or not.

Ron

I pretty much ride around with my Vboost in normal operation about 90% of the time.

I rarely use the 3k opening of the T-boost. I put on the T-boost so I can turn off the Vboost and then back on again without unplugging anything.

I picked it up cheap off of eBay, I think I've had my $30 worth of play value with it.

I have a Dyno Jet stage 7 and v-boost replaced by full time sleeves.
I like this setup, dont wana to change it.

Somethimes its may be dificult to ride around in town couse in this setup
bike is like shit under 3k rpm.
But when get above 5-6k....hmmm i forgot about that low rpm problems :biglaugh:

The problem may be a carb sync as others refers.
I have my carb already sync but next time i must do something.
If not get a webber tool then must get a v-boost valve asembly.
I guess i will instal valves to open it manualy.
It will be cheaper then webber tool.

I'm now running full time V-boost. I love the pull through the gears but realized tonight that I miss that 'Rip your arms from the sockets' feeling when you hit 6K... I think I need to MOD so I can set it full, 6K or 3k. Depending on mood :D

i may be parting with my tboost assembly. if so, do u want it?

I have a Dyno Jet stage 7 and v-boost replaced by full time sleeves.
I like this setup, dont wana to change it.

Somethimes its may be dificult to ride around in town couse in this setup
bike is like shit under 3k rpm.
But when get above 5-6k....hmmm i forgot about that low rpm problems :biglaugh:

The problem may be a carb sync as others refers.
I have my carb already sync but next time i must do something.
If not get a webber tool then must get a v-boost valve asembly.
I guess i will instal valves to open it manualy.
It will be cheaper then webber tool.

what kind of milage do ya get with the stage 7?? think my new bike is set up that way but only find out in a few weeks when i pick it up

Latest posts

Back