Removing Rear Tail "Yamaha

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey guys , whats your thoughts on this. I just realized that the lettering on my rear fender appears to not be clear coated over and that i can probably just heat it up and remove the letters that spell out Yamaha.

Bike is an 04 so if I remove the letters, is there a chance that I'll still see a faint bit of the lettering due to the suns impact on the rest of the paint on the fender and the paint under the letters would be possibly darker ?

Like I said, I'm pretty sure theres not a clear coat over the letters and if its an easy thing that I'm not going to make it look worse by removing them, then they're coming off this week...

Anyone have any experience with having removed them from a bike thats a few years old? Thanks

Just peel off with your fingernail. I have removed them on at least 4 fenders with no problems. If you have a color prone to fading, it could be a problem, depending on how much sun the bike has been exposed to. I doubt the 04 would be faded since it is a satin or semi-flat black finish.

Mine was off as soon as it got home...

On flat black however, you may see where it once was... Especially on a 6 year old machine...

Chris

Mine was off as soon as it got home...

Absolutely Chris! Stupid decals. Radiator reflectors. H-bars. Winkers. Mirrors and that bright red baboon ass red trailer light had to go immediatly!

You know. I remember bringing my Max home for the first time. I told my wonderful wife and myself I would leave it stock. Well. That obviously didn't happen! However, I'm more then happy the low key, less is more with a personalized bad ass look & performance. Enjoy!

Ok guys, for those interested, I had to remove the decal from the rear with the hopes it didnt leave any discoloration in the paint. Despite it being 6 yrs old, the decals removed very easily and left no visisble markings or discoloration in the paint. I used a hair dryer to get them warm and my finger nail to pick them off. Warmed up the remaing glue with the dryer and hit it with some mothers. Looks great...can't believe it took me 1.5 yrs to figure out they were easily able to be taken off :) Tail section looks better now:) :). If only the scoopes didnt say Yamaha on it , it would be evn more fun listening to those unfamilar with the Vmax trying to figure out what bike it was or who made it...

GOOD DEAL BRIAN , YOUR LUCKY THAT JUST FROM THE SUN , THAT THE PAINT UNDER IT WASN'T A SHADE OFF ! ,,, :punk:

Latest posts

Back