Removing top of air box

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB2DMax

Reaction score
Have Stage I kit w/K&N air filter and Kerker slip ons. Any advantage to taking top "Y" of air box off? If this is done, how do you secure air filter to continues to be effective?:confused2:

The "Y" doesn't hold the filter, the air box does. No problem removing it.

There are mixed feelings about doing this. I had good luck with a K&N with Jardine slip ons and removing the "Y" on my 95 Max. Seemed to have a quicker throttle response and ran great. Most don't think it does much. :confused2:

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to take it off and see how it runs. May even put it on the dyno.

Removing the Y with slip ons doesnt improve HP and actually hurts the HP and Torque curve..
The best thing to do is put it on a dyno or a dragstrip numbers dont lie. Trust me I have tried all these cheap tricks along with others here such as Sean.... Numbers dont lie,, but if you think your faster cause you have more intake noise then you can add yourself to the group of people who think drilling holes in your muffler makes more power.

Numbers dont lie,, but if you think your faster cause you have more intake noise then you can add yourself to the group of people who think drilling holes in your muffler makes more power.

Aah c'mon Lankee, you KNOW that louder is faster, don'tchya?

There are thousands of Harley riders who will vouch for that, never mind the dyno! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Aah c'mon Lankee, you KNOW that louder is faster, don'tchya?

There are thousands of Harley riders who will vouch for that, never mind the dyno! :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Why hell yeah... I cant wait till the track opens I just taped some baseball cards on my front forks which should make me faster

Latest posts

Back