Rev limiter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
So I see, for an 85, they had a dyna ignition at one time and now the other one here I see. Is it TCI or something like that. What I am curious is there anything that can just give me an rpm limiter and that's it. Just curious if there is a cheaper option just to use as a safety precaution until I can the entire new ignition unit.

check out the ignitions that dingy was offering, i think those do it.

The ones Dingy sells are the TCI unit. Programmable ignition, rev limiter, programmable v-boost and more is possible.

So I see, for an 85, they had a dyna ignition at one time and now the other one here I see. Is it TCI or something like that. What I am curious is there anything that can just give me an rpm limiter and that's it. Just curious if there is a cheaper option just to use as a safety precaution until I can the entire new ignition unit.

Dyna Tek makes just a rev. limiter. Check their web site for possibilities.
http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/products/drag_racing/rev_limiter/

They do NOT make a 3000 anymore for the 85-89 bikes. Only the ignitech units. I have some on hand for resale but the buy in dingy offered was cheaper.

Back