Rislone Engine Treatment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I was rec'd by Mark to put this stuff in my motor because last year when I did a compression check two of my cylinders were reading in the 185-190 range where as they other two were reading normal 160-165.

My motor also used nearly a quart of oil every few hundred miles!:bang head:

And it did not leak!

I added this stuff to my bike a few weeks ago (it needed a quart) and since then I have nearly stopped losing/burning oil! My motor is quieter AND seems a little more responsive! I think the combo of adding this stuff to my bike and Jeff's work have really made a huge difference in the way this bad boy runs.

I highly rec'd this product to anyone burning oil excessively or anybody with high compression issues. I have not tested compression yet but I am willing to bet it will be back down with the change I have seen and felt so far.

One warning I will give is that this product is thicker than honey! It takes 15-20 minutes just for the bottle to empty into your motor! Then once in there it will make your bike start hard because of how thick it is. After a few hard miles that goes away!

Here is a pic of the product...should run around 8 bucks for quart and you can use it as a replacement for 1 quart on the next oil change.

rislone.gif

Yeah well anytime you put motor honey into an engine you really risking a spun bearing! That shit is so thick and sticky if you have a bearing that is wore it will spin it in a heart beat!! I would rather have a crop duster then a rod knocker. Just my Opinion on that crap!

Yeah well anytime you put motor honey into an engine you really risking a spun bearing! That shit is so thick and sticky if you have a bearing that is wore it will spin it in a heart beat!! I would rather have a crop duster then a rod knocker. Just my Opinion on that crap!

HAHA! I guess it is the lesser of two evils. BUT if she blows it gives me reason to get morleys 1500cc conversion:punk:

Risilone is just a temporary fix for a mechanical failure. I'm sure it will prolong the inevitable. Have fun with your new 1500cc.:punk:

I can't believe Mark recommended it... I wouldn't use it if you gave it to me.

Lesser of two evils?? OK maybe...

I use it and recommend it. I use 1/2 quart every year or two. I use it to remove sludge, etc. Bike has 70K on it so it doesn't hurt anything IMO.

I use it and recommend it. I use 1/2 quart every year or two. I use it to remove sludge, etc. Bike has 70K on it so it doesn't hurt anything IMO.

Worked great for me so far as well Mark. Thanks for the advice! She is currently running like a raped ape.

I bet this is the root cause of your floats always needing adjusting, ever try adding some rislon in the float bowls

I guess I don't understand why you don't just run some thicker oil then... That's all motor honey and the such really are in essence. Maybe some 50wt. racing oil?

Cold starts must be great on the engine when it takes 2-3 more seconds to pump the sludge through the system...

Lesser of two evils I suppose... lol

I've got 50w at the shop we use in the race engines. Make sure it's warmed up well before hammering on it.

Sean

Chris, because Rislone isn't a regular oil. It's an additive. I used it after Old Man Smith told me about it.

Used to have an old chrysler new yorker with a 2.2l that would
rattle like a can full of bolts without Rislone. It is an additive
that supplements the additive packet in the oil and is good
for cushioning the valvetrain. Not sure if the formula has
changed but the Rislone I used to use was fairly thin stuff.
This stuff almost sound like Lucas oil treatment, okay when
really hot and clings to surfaces but I'd be a little leary in cold
weather.

Latest posts

Back