Royal Star speedo sensor with RX2N gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

Got the koso filter from digital speedos, wired it all in and it works great! i am going to start typing up a how to and will post it up in the next week or so.

UPDATE:

Got the koso filter from digital speedos, wired it all in and it works great! i am going to start typing up a how to and will post it up in the next week or so.

Please do. I cant get the RPM's to work to save my life.

This is the rpm sensor fitted

picture.php

If you read my previous post (#20) I would hope that you have all the info you need to sort the issue.
I am assuming that you have made the correct base setting on your RX2n.

Had the same issue which was fixed with one of these (obtained from Digital speedo's)

Tried using the sensor clip around the signal then return wires - no go.
Ended up cable tied to #1 COP BUT with the removable part of the sensor clip removed.
All is well with MM's rev counter.:rofl_200:

Damn, they are out of these.

I am assuming that you have made the correct base setting on your RX2n.

Yeah I have the correct settings for the RPM's on the RX2n, I even flipped through a few different settings and no change. I have no doubt I am doing something wrong, I just cant figure it out.

This is a clip of what I just e-mailed Jon (Guy at digital speedo)

White connecter : Koso Wires:
(Not black)

(Ground) Black ------------- Black
(Water Temp) Green/Red ------- Green/White
(12v Switch) Brown ------------- Brown
(RPM) Grey ------------- Brown
(High Beam) Yellow ------------- Yellow

Note: I have a blue wire not used from the white connector and both the brown and black wires split off

Red Connector: Koso Wires:

(Neutral) Light Blue ------- Blue
(Oil Level) Black/Red ------- Orange
(Fuel Level) Red/Black ------- Green + Resistor
(RH Signal) Dark Green------- White + Resistor
(LH Signal) Chocolate ------- Grey + Resistor

Note: There is an unused green wire.

There is a cable that goes down to the bottom of the front fork to count RPM that has a plastic connector that clicks into a connector form the koso wiring. The Koso connecter has Black, Red/White, Brown/White.

Unused Koso wires:
Purple
Yellow/Black
Temp B Connector: Yellow/White, Green/White

I have a line going directly from the battery with a 10w fuse to the Red Koso line.

So in the end this has solved my clock issue, all my indicators work as far as high beam, L turn signal, R turn signal. I haven't been able to set the speedo and the RPM's still doesn't work. I haven't been able to test the oil/water temp, I don't believe the fuel is showing either.

Any help at all would be amazing.

You seen to have wired it the same as I did my non-COP set-up.
I used 4C-2P & LoAct as the base setting.

If the feed from the OE rev counter doesn't work have you tried wrapping the supplied sensor wire around the plug or HT lead? The more winds the better I seem to recall, but some experimentation is worthwhile.

You seen to have wired it the same as I did my non-COP set-up.
I used 4C-2P & LoAct as the base setting.

If the feed from the OE rev counter doesn't work have you tried wrapping the supplied sensor wire around the plug or HT lead? The more winds the better I seem to recall, but some experimentation is worthwhile.

This is where I am failing at life.

I completly forgot about the wire wrapping. I am not sure what wire I need to use and where exactly do I wrap it?

UPDATE:

I am looking forward to your write up as I am going to attempt the install in a week or so. I'm getting nervous with everyone having issues with this speedo.

I am looking forward to your write up as I am going to attempt the install in a week or so. I'm getting nervous with everyone having issues with this speedo.

Dont worry its just me. :D Honestly I do think I am the only one really having problems. And the majority of that is from me forgetting about the wire you wrap around the sparkplug(?).

Other than that the diagram is pretty straight forward.

Dont worry its just me. :D Honestly I do think I am the only one really having problems. And the majority of that is from me forgetting about the wire you wrap around the sparkplug(?).

Other than that the diagram is pretty straight forward.

Ok I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake buying this unit. But I guess anything in life that is easy isn't worth much. When it hard it makes it all worth while :rofl_200:

Ok I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake buying this unit. But I guess anything in life that is easy isn't worth much. When it hard it makes it all worth while :rofl_200:
Once I fix my own mistakes it will be well worth it. It looks amazing. I have no doubt you will be happy with it.

I saw that gauge on YouTube last year and it looked awesome. What a cool
Addition. I'm sure that everytime you look at it, especially at night, you'll smile..

I saw that gauge on YouTube last year and it looked awesome. What a cool
Addition. I'm sure that everytime you look at it, especially at night, you'll smile..

It definitely is the best looking speedo I've seen so far. I also love that it has a shift light built on it. I can't wait for it to be on my baby. I will post picks of all the mods I did so far this winter. Wheels etc :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back