Rumor or Fact-Cobra Slip Ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 17" cans on dale's system, and the guys here can vouch that its very quiet until u get above about 4-5k rpms. then it wakes right up. good for the neighbors

the cobra sound nice at low rpm but at higher rpm sounded quieter? Maybe to much wind in my ears. I have Delkevic front headers and stock rear header, cobra slip o fit good on front but not on rear, factory said never had any problem,lol did anyone else have any trouble?

I've just ditched my cobras for a 4-2-1 ufo system. It ran well with cobras and not so well with the current system. Powerwise though it now has much more grunt and power but does need a morely muscle kit to help its fuelling.

But my god, ufo systems loud! Awsome, but bloody loud!

It's the dragster system. It fluffs/bungs up from about 4.5k to 6.5k rpm now though. Hope the Morley kit should sort that out. Gonna get the installer to dyno it when it's running right and hope for mid 120s

My 03 bike came with Cobra`s they look good but no HP. I went with the UFO headers and Cool Sound mufflers. Jon no longer makes those mufflers. I have a 00 that I put UFO headers on and a set of HMF mufflers on. Both mufflers are a high flow muffler. Both bikes have the Morleys poor boy stage 7, 65 mains, 3rd clip on needle 900ft elev. and neither one has been dynoed but I can put a close guess at 122 - 125 HP seat-of-the-pants. Jon Cornell at UFO has all the comparisons dynoed Apples to Apples Holeshot, Kerker, etc to his UFO pipes and will work with you on your problems. I am all about UFO, try it you will like it. Tom Rouse #2939 :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back