runs like crap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have shotgunned twice, broke down carb completly and did through cleaning on all jets and jet block, 1/4 can seafoam and new fuel filter and still getting the same outcome. The bike sputters at low speed, some backfiring, very low idle like only 2-3 cylinders firing. When I cruise at 70-80mph it runs and sounds fine but when I let up off the gas it acts up. I run my vboost open and have cops on it. I am going crazy and would appreciate any help. Thanks guys in advance, SLee

I sure hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have shotgunned twice, broke down carb completly and did through cleaning on all jets and jet block, 1/4 can seafoam and new fuel filter and still getting the same outcome. The bike sputters at low speed, some backfiring, very low idle like only 2-3 cylinders firing. When I cruise at 70-80mph it runs and sounds fine but when I let up off the gas it acts up. I run my vboost open and have cops on it. I am going crazy and would appreciate any help. Thanks guys in advance, SLee

Stock jets?
Exhaust?

Close vboost and see if your low speed problems persist.

Are you using Ethanol Gas? Do any fine black particles come out when you drain the carbs in a cup?
Sure sounds like the carbs are crudded up to me. Pea Shooter and/or Shotgun don't always get the job done.

Disregard, I'm having trouble reading I guess. I reread your original post after reading the 2 after mine.:confused2::bang head:

Have you re-synch'ed the carbs after the rebuild?

How many volts do you have @ the slower rpm's where the bike is stumbling?

Voltage checks are the next step for you.

I'm having the same exact issues on my 'new to me' 07, and have done everything you have except COPs. Best help so far was an AGM battery. I think the lead acid battery had a shorted cell. The voltage readings were all good, but it had no current capacity, so after cranking, it had a hard time supplying the ignition coils with sufficient juice. (technical term).

Back