Rust on a swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I have a silver-painted swingarm from a different bike that has areas of rust on it (not functionally unsafe; just surface rust.)

I'd like to find out if any of you know anyone (such as Mr. Morley?) who I could send the swingarm to who could remove the rust and re-paint the swingarm a gloss black.

Anyone out there got the "goods" who I could hire?

Thanks!

Elimax

if you're gonna pay all that get it powdercoated!

Powdercoat will hold up better then most paints. If we paint it we also use a oven curing (think a heated paint booth) to 170-180 degrees. This helps harden the paint for more durability.

You can paint it yourself or have a local shop do it as well or we can of course help you out but shipping might eat up any savings we could save you.

Sean

Hi folks:

I have a silver-painted swingarm from a different bike that has areas of rust on it (not functionally unsafe; just surface rust.)

I'd like to find out if any of you know anyone (such as Mr. Morley?) who I could send the swingarm to who could remove the rust and re-paint the swingarm a gloss black.

Anyone out there got the "goods" who I could hire?

Thanks!

Elimax

Hey, There are several good powder coaters here that can bead blast it and coat it for less than shipping will cost you. Good Luck, Spurs:punk:

As noted I will get you guys fixed with about anything you want. BUT, shipping may not make it cost effective compared to getting it done locally. If you are interested (coating an arm is $100 plus shipping and bearings/seals if you want them replaced too) - email me directly at [email protected]

Sean

Latest posts

Back