Service Manuals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaboom

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had experience with both the Haynes and Clymer manuals......and which one they like better......and why.......:confused2:

I was wondering if anyone had experience with both the Haynes and Clymer manuals......and which one they like better......and why.......:confused2:

I've had both, but prefer the Haynes manuals. They are supposed to be written based on a complete tear down and rebuild, and seem to be that detailed.

excellent question. i've had a clymer for a GS but not a vmax. the clymer on the GS was very 'general' with drawings of a typically 'fork' not like haynes where it pictures the actual vmax fork. plus its hard covered (haynes)

I think Clymer was created for the more technicaly advanced guys, it shows evrything more "generaly".
You need to figure out some things by yourself.

Haynes is something like 'step by step" and that could iritate some mechanics.
Exelent for the non mechanical abilities guys.

Saw both and I like Clymer. And no, Im not mechanic :biglaugh:

I use to look at Yami manual only. Fine to me.

Maybe I need both???:ummm:

I am no mechanic.......step by step is good........detailed and specific is also good:clapping:

I have the pdf version of the factory manual already....

very nice link przemek. never read that before. so basically it only confuses u more.

Saw that article some time ago,I forgot about it.
When Kaboom start this thread i tought that it may still be over the web and
luckily i've found this.

Its intresting point of view, like u said it could be confusing.
This way or another, Clymer or Haynes you'll find
a great help here and there.
IMO we should not judge it by "which one is better" but "which one helps you better"

Somethimes i think "we(vmaxforum comunity)" should create our own
v-max manual. It could be something :biglaugh:

I propose Sean Morley as a general director for this project LOL

Saw that article some time ago,I forgot about it.
When Kaboom start this thread i tought that it may still be over the web and
luckily i've found this.

Its intresting point of view, like u said it could be confusing.
This way or another, Clymer or Haynes you'll find
a great help here and there.
Somethimes i think "we(vmaxforum comunity)" should create our own
v-max manual. It could be something :biglaugh:

I propose Sean Morley as a general director for this project LOL

THAT could be GOOD.......

Take the best parts of all 3 and compile them and add Morley's knowledge:clapping:

I have the factory manual in pdf. I think its a bit harder to navigate than the clymer manuals.

I like the clymer manuals. It is not overwritten, it gives a lot of good basic info that applies to almost anything in the front section ranging from electrical troubleshooting and learning how to use a multimeter to how to press a bearing on a shaft or into a case, etc in case you've never done it before.

It even suggests on how to make a couple of homemade tools to work on the bike instead of buying special yamaha tools. I know they show one for the middle drive gear. Can't remember what else.

They also have some nice color coded wiring charts in the back of the book.

Back