Shinko tire update 7-2012

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Just thought I would put a update on my tires.

I installed them a little over a week ago. July 14th for the rear and July 16th for the front.

I have just over 800 miles on the rear now and 200 on the front.

The rear felt good on take off and around corners. With the rear being new and the front being old, it didn't feel a heck of alot better around corners.

Installing the front tire ( the old front was really wasted ) made the HUGE difference. The bike now feels 100% better around turns. Inspires more confidence when entering a turn at a hotter pace.

The front rear combo are smooth. I used air soft bb's for balancing and will use them again. No vibrations or shimmy at all. I ran the rear tire up to 140 mph and have gone 115 on the front rear combo so far.

I have cruised 90-95 mph for a few miles with no shakes. It feels alot more solid now at any speed and situation.

I know the original tires are dated and they where worn ( the rear was pretty much new but a few times to the track took care of that ). The Shinko's rate high in my book for bang for buck and cost effective replacements.

I also went 170 in the rear and stock size in front.

I ll update more as I ride it more. I have another trip coming up that will put some miles on the bike again. I am guessing around another 800 miles or so for that trip. Between now and then I am guessing around another 300 miles +/- till the trip. So I ll have pretty close to 2000-2200 miles on the rear and 1000-1200 on the front.

Hopefully I can get 4000-5000 miles on the rear tire. We'll see!

Todd

IMAG0899.jpg

IMAG1086.jpg

Rearwheelpowdercoatedblack7-2012.jpg

IMAG1076.jpg

I agree with your review. I just went on a 200 mile ride through some severe twisties with a couple sport bike riders. I was able to, for the most part, hang with them through some extreme lean fast paced turns. Pretty sure I scraped my left peg once too. They're sticky and ride very nicely. I also have the 170 rear.

I found them better also. I have the 170 rear and standard front v rated.
Corners I found the "shake" starting at 120kmh with the Bridgstones I took last night at 140kph with no sighn of shake. :eusa_dance: Never tried high speed yet. At 68 years old I would like to see 70.

Latest posts

Back