shook up and bruised.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
So I'm currently running an 06 with kerker and stage 7 with the vboost unplugged. I have been reading lately that it runs better in the top end with the vboost plugged in so tonight I went and hooked it up to see if there was much difference. ( I have a totally stock 86 so I'm used to it kicking in at 6k ) I went to launch my bike like I always do on the street and the front end came up all the way to the point where my legs were standing up straight holding the bike in front of me.. I was running behind my bike holding on and the front end dropped and I managed to jump back on the bike regaining control ( bruised my thighs and crushed balls ) . I have around 40,000 miles logged on vmaxes and have never experienced a wheelie like this. Is this normal for vboost activated with pipe and jet kit? If so I'm gonna need to be more careful. Also it was really loud and hard when my front end came back down , there doesn't appear to be any damage but is there anything I should be looking for as far as damage to the bike goes? Sorry if this is hard to read had to write it on my phone

If you looked it over and everything looks good the only thing i can think of is the fork seal's might start leaking so keep an eye on them. Just wipe you finger across them and look for oil leaking.

Sounds like that woke you up.....know what you mean about the nuts....that same thing happened on my minibike...granted it only weighs 150 lbs instead of 600, but the same thing happened....walk behind it, then it slammed down and nuts hit the gas tank rather abruptly.

Leaky fork seals would be one problem, that kind of slamming down isn't good for the steering stem bearings either, especially if they're the 25 year old originals. Might be a good idea to check tension with the bounce test, though one good impact like that could notch the race, tough to say.

the power comes on sooner with vboost open. so yea i probably could do that if i tried but damn man! haha with the DD i can do a power wheelie in 2nd.

That should have been on video bro!! I mean dont get me wrong Im glad you and your bike are ok but the picture in my head from reading the story made me laugh!! I have done some stuff like that over the years on my bikes and as scarey as it was I wish someone was recording it just for proof that I did it and lived. Everyone loves a good nut cracking video!!

front end came up all the way to the point where my legs were standing up straight holding the bike in front of me.. I was running behind my bike holding on and the front end dropped and I managed to jump back on the bike regaining control. That happens all the time with DIRT BIKES!!! But not with a Vmax.Holey crap,just a visual of that give's me the creeps.I'm sher glad u landed right.:clapping:Have u seen this photo? He's not gonna be as lucky as u were.

Attachments

• bad day on a Max.jpg
    bad day on a Max.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 44
I had my Vboost unplugged wide open all the time. The thing you gotta watch out for is going around corners. You are using Vboost at all RPM ranges so that double dose of fuel is coming on right offa the bat. You take a corner you just gotta be alot more mindful of your throttle. Gotta ease it on cause if u whack it in a corner you are going down cause the wheel will spin out from under ya. If it does that. hang on and let it slide till it catches, keep in your lean position itll come out of it, maybe. then go clean your shorts. i know i did several times.

Haha very cool videos. It would have been cool to catch it on video even if it were a little embarrassing . Bike still seems fine just a sore ARM and bruised thighs. Think I may keep the vboost attatched a little longer see if I prefer it this way ( really like the sound it makes when you turn the run switch on ) but gonna have to launch different, don't think my 130 lbs hold the bike down too well.

I've bounced my '07 a few times pretty damn good. I didn't have any seal issues, but I did re-develop a good wobble that woulod kick in about 80-90mph. Had to adjust the stearing head bearing a couple times to fix it. Having the heavy bike come down like that will seat the bearing a bit further, so that might be a good thing to look at.

I had to watch the idiot w/the ape-hangers several times to enjoy the lack of bike-handling skills. What was that guy thinking? Who thinks some "liquid courage" was a significant factor? The other guy looks like someone who grew up on dirt bikes and short track to be able to handle a bike like that. This was a textbook case of "monkey see, monkey do!" except monkeys aren't that stupid. I like how his shiny novelty helmet provided maximum protection. Now he's gonna have to get all his "tatts" touched-up once the road rash heals, or he will lose points at the "Do-Rag Biker Convention!." He is a H-D "squid" if there is such a classification, where foolishness exceeds skills.

lol the ape guy was funny i had to watch him a few times too. looks like he shoulda stayed in it. soon as he let out it gripped and took off. man i dunno but the scraped parts alone ya gotta fix im sure that cost him some bucks. HD really does mean hundreds of dollars. haha.

lol the ape guy was funny i had to watch him a few times too. looks like he shoulda stayed in it. soon as he let out it gripped and took off. man i dunno but the scraped parts alone ya gotta fix im sure that cost him some bucks. HD really does mean hundreds of dollars. haha.

That's what it looked like to me. He just doesn't have the bike handling skills to keep the wheel broken-loose and driving forward, & as-soon as he has it get a bit more sideways, he loses confidence in being able to control it. The tire bites and he high-sides. Learn how to control a dirt bike doing the same thing & you can transition to a paved surface w/o the trauma & bike damage.

I had to watch the idiot w/the ape-hangers several times to enjoy the lack of bike-handling skills. What was that guy thinking? Who thinks some "liquid courage" was a significant factor? The other guy looks like someone who grew up on dirt bikes and short track to be able to handle a bike like that. This was a textbook case of "monkey see, monkey do!" except monkeys aren't that stupid. I like how his shiny novelty helmet provided maximum protection. Now he's gonna have to get all his "tatts" touched-up once the road rash heals, or he will lose points at the "Do-Rag Biker Convention!." He is a H-D "squid" if there is such a classification, where foolishness exceeds skills.
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back