shortened side kickstand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icemax

Reaction score
Hello fellow maxers,
rookie on board, need a little help. I lowered my bike 2 inches and I'am trying to find someone who sells a shortened kickstand or adjustable kickstand. I was told I could cut down my old one but was warned the metal is not that strong and heating it would weaken it. Therefore I would/could be on borrowed time if I go that route. If anyone knows a seller or another models that would work I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help. Icemax:confused2:

Ha! I have the opposite problem. I went from the 150 to the 170 rear tire, now my bike leans farther than I like when on the stand. I think I'll have to find a way to add some length. Maybe weld a pad on the bottom.

Because he's alreading shipping something else to me, I've asked Captain_Kyle to make me one up for mine. You could probably hit him up for one too!

I have a oxy/acetylene torch and have heated and bent side stands many times with no problems. Just place bike on sidestand and heat carefully and gently pull bike by the handlebar till it reaches the lean angle you want and remove heat. Be careful to not overheat. It is easy to tell when the temperature is correct as the bike will start to tilt very slowly. Let cool and paint. I usually have them powdercoated myself.

I have also welded tabs on the bottom to raise them.

Thanks for the input, I guess the guy who was going to cut and weld the stand just didn't really want to mess with it. I appreciate the help. Ride safe, Icemax

Back