Side cover question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayoublaster

Reaction score
What is the difference between the side covers made for the 1985 - 1995 Vmax and the 1996- 2007 Vmax? I need to purchase a pair but all I've found used so far is for the 1996 - 2007 models. I did notice a slight difference in the part numbers (first 3 digits of part number are different) Thanks.

85 were stamped with the vmax logo. 86 and up were all the same (with stickon logo) except color. All years interchange. We also offer chromed covers.

Sean

Sorry but those aren't the covers I'm talking about. My mistake. The ones I'm looking for are Yamaha part # SKU: 1FK-21731-00-00
COVER, SIDE 3. They are the ones located just below the fake tank. Sorry I didn't explain myself better. If anyone's got a pair they might be able to part with just let me know as the two I have are both beyaond repair unfortunately. Thanks again.

I think you mean the fake scoops that are under the fake tank. Yup, that's what a search brought up, side 3 and side 4 means left and right. Sean (one2dmax) should have them too. Chrome or otherwise. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I have OEM parts (which are expensive) as well as aftermarket parts. The OEM parts will likely be chromed already as part of my core exchange programe. You can email me directly for more info.

[email protected]

Back