sissy bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty damn slick. If I can ever talk my wife into going for a ride with me, that's deffinately the way I'll go.

Thanks for the tip!
Tom

Does it damage the finish on the Grab Rail at all? I'd love to get rid of my Yamaha Sissy Bay and get one of these.

The exchange rate seems awfully generous, I hope the web page has been updated. Shipping is pretty low, too.

Does it damage the finish on the Grab Rail at all? I'd love to get rid of my Yamaha Sissy Bay and get one of these.

The exchange rate seems awfully generous, I hope the web page has been updated. Shipping is pretty low, too.

No,If you look close it does not touch the stock grab bar.

No,If you look close it does not touch the stock grab bar.

Thanks Shawn. Looks like my stock sissy bar is going on Ebay.

If anyone wants to make an offer, I polished it and had it clear powder coated and haven't had it on the bike since. It also has a set of cheap turn signals mounted with quick connects to swap it with the grab rail when needed and I have the stock reflector mounted, too.

Send me a PM or email [email protected]

Thanks Shawn. Looks like my stock sissy bar is going on Ebay.

If anyone wants to make an offer, I polished it and had it clear powder coated and haven't had it on the bike since. It also has a set of cheap turn signals mounted with quick connects to swap it with the grab rail when needed and I have the stock reflector mounted, too.

Send me a PM or email [email protected]
I think UnclePhilty was looking for a sissy bar. I just sent him a PM to alert him for ya. :thumbs up:

This is the place that actually make them.I have heard Ricepaddy seems to be hard to get them from now.

O.K., now I'm confused. I found a couple of sites that list these sissy bars but it looks like it's a two piece setup and you have to buy the sissy bar and the luggage rack seperately. How does this mount on the bike? Does the luggage rack have to stay on and the sissy bay attaches to that?

O.K., now I'm confused. I found a couple of sites that list these sissy bars but it looks like it's a two piece setup and you have to buy the sissy bar and the luggage rack seperately. How does this mount on the bike? Does the luggage rack have to stay on and the sissy bay attaches to that?

The rack has to be bought separetely. I do not have one on mine.

When you put that bar one, you replace the bracket that holds the rear reflector with a different one, old reflector won't fit with new sissy bar. THe luggage rack and the sissy bar just bolt to the new bracket making it realy easy to get on and off. My understanding is the luggage rack with either use the two holes you see unused on my bracket or they will have to send a second bracket with more holes drilled in it for the luggage rack to use.

Attachments

• IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 66
When you put that bar one, you replace the bracket that holds the rear reflector with a different one, old reflector won't fit with new sissy bar. THe luggage rack and the sissy bar just bolt to the new bracket making it realy easy to get on and off. My understanding is the luggage rack with either use the two holes you see unused on my bracket or they will have to send a second bracket with more holes drilled in it for the luggage rack to use.

Thanks for the photos, that explains all. How does the new bracket look from the back without the sissy bar attached? Or do you swap the bracket and the reflector every time you put the sissy bar on? Doesn't look like it would take much to do.

I personally think the braket and the reflector that comes with the sissy bar leave an unfinished look to the back of the bike under the grab bar. If you are gonna put the sissy bar one and off it is probably easier to leave it attached to the bracket and go with an entire bracket switch each time. Only three bolts to remove the sissy bar and two more to attach the original bracket with reflector. Right now I am trying to decide weather or not to powder coat the sissy bar black to match my grab bar or if I should just get a second grab bar and swap out entire setups so I have polished when on and black when off. Not real sure and I am lazy, so the sissy bar stays on all the time. Any opinions on a black sissy bar?

One of my friends has a 2006 and had the sissybar and luggage rack and brackets powdercoated to match the satin black. It looks great!

Now that sounds cool as hell. That might be worth doing for asthetics even if my wife never sits on the bike in her lifetime. (Presently, she wont even set foot into the same side of the garage.)

Regards,
Tom

Now having just ordered a ricepaddy bar off ebay , by the way he has another back on their . Im just wondering what the reflector looks like with bar on as it seems to not suit it .
Has anyone any pics , and has anyone made their own one to suit the bar ?:ummm:

Back