Sissy needs a Bar

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albran

Reaction score
I order a Sissy Bar and Sport Rack online. Receive a notice that it's back ordered :damn angry:.
NOW I've been notified that we are getting a new US manufacture and it will be SEPTEMBER before they start shipping. :bang head:

Anybody know of another source, DOES NOT have to be GENUINE Yamaha.

Looking for a nice Bar and Rack
(jokes appreciated but Sweetums really wants/needs one, she's seen that YouTube where the girl on the back gets left in the road).

Thanks ab

Ebay. I got a HAC bar from an ebay store called ricepaddy.(Ricepaddy gets alot of bad reviews, I didn't have any problems with them) It is very simple to put and on you keep your orinaly grab bar on. You just lose the clean look of the reflector plate under the bar, easy enough to fix with another peice of sheet metal cut to the right size and painted(I haven't done this yet).

Just Google VMAX H.A.C. sissy bar and you will find them. I got mine for 225 but most sites are listing them for 279. I would prefer a yamaha sissy bar but I wasn't gonna wait.

Just convince her that riding her own Vmax would be better.

We tried that several years ago on my Kawasasi 250 Enduro, she broke my UNBREAKADLE fender.
I think it has something to do with her center of graity, wink wink nudge nudge.
But we might try it again her center of gravity seems to be getting LOWER as the years go by.

ab

I've got a chrome one in my chrome exchange on hand (though I am short the pad for now). Sean Morley

Sean, Albran, Somebody....can ya post some good closeup pics as to what this HAC bar looks like when installed?.... I am down to very likely having one mfg'ed in a friend's machine/welding shop, and would love to see how this unit attaches to the existing grab-bar, and what it looks like when installed.

I have been 'in the market' for one since I bought my Max, but simply refuse to pay the prices I see for what comes available now n' then on fleabay... I mean c'mon! it's just a damn lil' sissy bar! I have had an imported one on backorder now for over three months from a GA parts supply...that can't seem to get them in....for $165... I think I can do a lot better by fab'ing one in the garage, and sending to chrome shop....

Thanks guys...

Philthy

I will try to take some pics on mine tonight so you can see the bracket and everything that it uses. It very simple once you see what three bolt holes they used and the shape of the actual bracket. The only thing I don't like is that it leaves the back(reflector area) with a kinda unfinished look that a simple peice of sheetmetal could fix. If I ever get around to measuring and cutting one the right shape.

I will try to take some pics on mine tonight so you can see the bracket and everything that it uses. It very simple once you see what three bolt holes they used and the shape of the actual bracket. The only thing I don't like is that it leaves the back(reflector area) with a kinda unfinished look that a simple peice of sheetmetal could fix. If I ever get around to measuring and cutting one the right shape.

Thanks so much!

Look for a PM in a couple minutes, I'll send my 'private' email address, and you can send all that you wish... Think of it as: If I were to build this, what pics, angles, and details would I need...

I just don't get why they are so damned expensive, IF you can find one at all!

Yer Uncle Philthy Loves Ya!!

supply and demand. Not to mention the price of the raw aluminum is going up quickly.

Sean Morley

The three pics below are from the web listing I bought the bar off of. They are good pics of the bracket. I will take some more shownig exactly how it goes on the bike so you can see the fit later.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 39
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 43
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 30
I would like to see the H a c pictures.

I've ordered the bar and rack from H a c Lefers in the Netherlands and have recieved a confirmation.
But I also received a confirmation from an online US Yamaha parts seller, then a confirmation that it was backordered and then a confirmation that a new suppler for the US would not be shipping till September :ummm:. So I canceled the order.
We'll see how H a c does.

albran

There's one on the VMOA site for sale, guy's asking $100 for a factory backrest.

Way off topic, but I found the GIF you need in your Signature! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• cowbell.gif
    cowbell.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 115
There's one on the VMOA site for sale, guy's asking $100 for a factory backrest.
I couldn't/can't find it :confused2: I may be looking in the wrong place, i think they may sell pretty quick.

Missed another deal. O well.

Thanks for looking
albran

Thanks for that KJ...

However, went there and nothing comes up when trying to read the ad. If any of you member dudes have better luck negotiating that site, please post a way to contact this guy... Hopefully a phone number...or give him my public email address listed in my vitals...

Thanks again, Philthy

I couldn't/can't find it :confused2: I may be looking in the wrong place, i think they may sell pretty quick.

Missed another deal. O well.

If that's the case..why the hell isn't anyone mfg'ing them?... One of the MANY reasons I bought the bike, was because of "all the aftermkt parts available"...same damn bike MOL since '85....so where's the parts?...

Even stupidazz JC Whitney has 'em listed....only problem...NO mounting brackets available (BO'ed)....WTF??!!! And if I were to buy there, total cost reaching around 250 bux... F**k that! I'll build one first...

Rant Mode: Off
Philthy

Thanks for that KJ...

However, went there and nothing comes up when trying to read the ad. If any of you member dudes have better luck negotiating that site, please post a way to contact this guy... Hopefully a phone number...or give him my public email address listed in my vitals...

Thanks again, Philthy

Information from Buy/sell Board
100 US Dollars Contact

preferably by email
[email protected]

Phone 612-201-4765

V-Max Factory Back Rest - Minor Damage

Latest posts

Back