SkullDuggery's Still Up to Her Old Tricks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill: It may be just me but they seem just a touch lean???? You're the Mechanic and I respect your opinion. Especially after meeting you at Tech Day....:biglaugh:

Ya Dave "but VMax's don't have Allison Transmissions!" LOL. Everything I read say's the Max performs best on the lean side, And also to not worry so much about the insulator color but the color of the ring at the base of the insulator,the electrode, and the bottom of the plug itself. I have used a magnifying glass to look for any signs of pepper on my plugs,and don't see any so although lean I don't see any signs of detonation. "On my nitrous drag racing big block Chevy engine pepper on the plugs happens just before the electrodes start to melt!" I will continue to learn everything I can from this site, The Max engine "Motorcycle" is a completely different animal from my auto race engines. For the longest time "I just didn't understand how putting a free flowing exhaust on a Max could cause the carbs to go rich instead of lean,:ummm:hence everyone jetting down instead of up". My never ending quest for knowledge is being fed by this site!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I understand that reading plugs when using Ethanol is different and requires reading that bottom ring. I'm running non ethanol though..????

Everyone here really cuts Harley's for being slow but I have just hit the button and rode for years. Only maintenance I concern with there is clean fluids. I've never worked on a bike more to keep it running than these VMax's. They're like a Super Model GF, High Maintenance...:rofl_200:

"All the right curves in all the right places". Thanks for that analogy Grumpy! That gives me a new line for Daytona.
"Look at the scoops on her !!!"

Back