Smallest windshield available?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I'm currently in the market for a windshield for my Max. Who makes the smallest windshield available for the Gen 1 VMax?

Thanks.

Elimax

I thought Yamaha made the smallest. My carbon Coerce is pretty small too !

GIVI

images

Givi-for-website.jpg

9k=

Do those small wind screens take much wind pressure off your chest in a standard riding position? Or do you have to lay your chest on the faux tank for them to work?

Some time I feel like the wind is trying to rip me off my bike. I end up having to lean over the faux tank. Is a small windscreen can help, i'd prefer that to full one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The small OEM fly screen does nothing to really help with that. I have no problems riding with out anything bigger, but I have a lot of 'lead' in my blood. And since I have a plate in my gut, I can't bent over a tank any more. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320769344655?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1281wt_905 Might be the way to go if you need to get the some of the wind of you. I have seen many other choices out there, but price is a big driving factor to me.
Look at this forum link, there was discussion on windshields http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21412&page=3
Hope it helps you.

Do those small wind screens take much wind pressure off your chest in a standard riding position? Or do you have to lay your chest on the faux tank for them to work?

Some time I feel like the wind is trying to rip me off my bike. I end up having to lean over the faux tank. Is a small windscreen can help, i'd prefer that to full one.

Yes deek,it's the only way an OEM instrument cowl will work .U gotta put your chin on the airbox cover. Had mine over 10 years and never had a problem with that.:biglaugh:

I picked up a very small fly screen from Python it's smoke black and pretty much just covers speed-o but for $ 80 bucks think it looks nice. Get a lot of people who really like it.

The Givi does a good job of keeping the wind off my chest and part way up my faceshield. I'm 6' and ride on lowered seat but looking at the bug splat pattern on my jacket they just hit my arms, outer shoulders while chest is clean. The helmet has bugs pretty much everywhere except the chin area and 1" or 2" of the faceshield. Some bugs will still occasionally hit the chin area but for the most part they don't.

Latest posts

Back