sports style fairing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spicer98

Reaction score
hey
I want to put a windshield on my bike, i have been looking around and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of things that i like,
i was kind of thinking of trying a sports style fairing, that goes all the way round the headlight
was wondering if anybody had seen this done and what it looked like as i don't fancy just making it look rubbish!
moz-screenshot.png
this is the kind of thing i was thinking of
any input greatfully recived
I_029585_CL_1.jpg

Personally I think THAT would make it look "rubbish" but that's JMO.

Have you looked at the Yamaha wind deflector that mounts above the speedo?

Personally, I like to sit up and take it like a man, but that's just me...

lol

Chris

Personally I think THAT would make it look "rubbish" but that's JMO.

Have you looked at the Yamaha wind deflector that mounts above the speedo?

Personally, I like to sit up and take it like a man, but that's just me...

lol

Chris

All 200 miles so far right chris!?

The look w/o a windshield/ fairing looks great but for me it is not practical. I do a lot of riding that involves covering 500+ miles in a day and would rather not have wind beating on me at 80 mph for tankful after tankful. It would be too tiring. An added plus is that it shields you from bugs (somewhat anyways) or the occasional bug swarms that you run into.
That looks good to me spicer98,I like the way that it sits flush with the face of the headlight/ Who makes that one? Fatmax makes one similar but the fairing doesn't sit flush with the headlight and looks like it needs a cover or something.

hey
I want to put a windshield on my bike, i have been looking around and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of things that i like,
i was kind of thinking of trying a sports style fairing,

I almost put a Pichler on my XS11 but I took it in a different direction. They make both sport and touring type fairings. I've seen these on bikes before and they look great. JP on the XS owners forum has one on his bike, the last time I've seen it.

http://www.pichler.de/Pages/preisvere.htm

Here is an old Uni-4, universal top that they used to sell. You could have also purchaced the lower unit for it as well. Pop on some bags in the back and there ya go.

Attachments

• pichleruni-4onyahamav-max.jpg
    pichleruni-4onyahamav-max.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 23
  • pichleruni-4onyahamav-max2.jpg
    pichleruni-4onyahamav-max2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 29
Rifle makes several fairings that fit the Max with various size shields available for each one. I have had two of the Superbike style, one on a Max and it works great. The Sport version is larger and more touring styled. Has integrated turnsignals and a place for a radio and speakers. Also a smaller one called Nightflight. I am looking for another used Superbike since I need to have it painted anyway. They will match stock colors for an additional fee. Don't think they can match my color though. :biglaugh:

hey
i was kind of thinking of trying a sports style fairing, that goes all the way round the headlight
was wondering if anybody had seen this done and what it looked like as i don't fancy just making it look rubbish!
moz-screenshot.png
this is the kind of thing i was thinking of
any input greatfully recived Here's one u mite like
OverCowl.jpg
http://japan.webike.net/categories/100000_120000_127000_127007_1110127007.html

thats not bad at all, whered u find it?

fatmax's isn't too bad either
Fromrdvmax-848
blank.gif

Sent: 2009/9/19 6:42:44 Re: Your Head light fairing

Quote:

rusty-3019 wrote:
Hay Mike,your head light fairing is beautiful!! I want one.Where did you find it....Thanks Rusty # 3019
smil458b0402ebcbc.gif

I found it some years ago, while on vacation in Paris, France. They told me the guy who made it was local. He wasn't making them anymore and I probably have the last one. It did catch my eye right away. I had to have it. Mike

i have to agree that one if v nice, exactly the look i way wanting shame that there not around!
i will check out fat max as well
cheers for the thoughts guys

Ok, anyone will tell me who made those fairings?

That looks like the mantis fairing. Get a hold of Steve Taylor of Taylormade wheels. He can help you out with it. He has a shorter verson too called the venom fairing. They run around the ?200.00 range.

Latest posts

Back