Stage 7 question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.n2o

Reaction score
Any of you ever have to clean the plastic canister (puke tank). Would it be possible for it to clog ? Bike runs fine just doin some winter pm.

works great cheap and easy to build. let us know how it works out.

I never liked the idea of venting into the front carbs so I added to filters to the lines coming off the puke tank

But I havent ever thought about cleaning it. maybe after about 50k miles I might

Attachments

• 315042_2395410606674_1293221416_32960637_2271450_n.jpg
    315042_2395410606674_1293221416_32960637_2271450_n.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I never liked the idea of venting into the front carbs so I added to filters to the lines coming off the puke tank

But I havent ever thought about cleaning it. maybe after about 50k miles I might

haha same exact spectre filter i use on my rear diff

I don't either, but doesn't the crankcase NEED some sort of positive ventialtion, meaning suction???:ummm:

These aren't just vents, the carbs apply suction to the crankcase if all is working properly...

The only other way I know to do that other than the intake system is by routing it to the exhaust, which is maybe TOO aggressive of a PCV system...???:ummm:

What about a separate line downstream of the carbs in the manifold somewhere?

This is what most cars have, downstream of the throttle body, along with a check valve and restrictor of some sort...

For those of you that are having problems with gumming or "icking" up the crabs or filters...did you use the small brass orifice plate that is supposed to go in the hose from the crankcase to the canister????...This should restrict flow and lessen the pulling of oil out of the crankcase...mine have never gotten gunked up, but I only had about 3,000 miles on it before blowing up the tranny..so not sure....

Almost all pod systems/stage 2 on inlines use a filter with no evacuation to the carbs....for the crankcase breather.
I think they run it to the carbs for emission purposes only just like stock does.
Plus, a couple hard runs dow the strip or sustained speeds over 135, I had a lot of oil misting under the tank cover with just a filter....less with them hooked up to the carbs...the fumes got to go somewhere.

I don't either, but doesn't the crankcase NEED some sort of positive ventialtion, meaning suction???:ummm:

These aren't just vents, the carbs apply suction to the crankcase if all is working properly...

The only other way I know to do that other than the intake system is by routing it to the exhaust, which is maybe TOO aggressive of a PCV system...???:ummm:

What about a separate line downstream of the carbs in the manifold somewhere?

This is what most cars have, downstream of the throttle body, along with a check valve and restrictor of some sort...

For those of you that are having problems with gumming or "icking" up the crabs or filters...did you use the small brass orifice plate that is supposed to go in the hose from the crankcase to the canister????...This should restrict flow and lessen the pulling of oil out of the crankcase...mine have never gotten gunked up, but I only had about 3,000 miles on it before blowing up the tranny..so not sure....

Rusty, the airbox is low pressure, so it will work the same.
The only difference is that the oil mist could get into the airbox, rather than get burnt through the motor.

The bike runs great it's just that I have it up on the lift and I was staring at it wondering if it requires any maintenance. I haven't ridden any wheelies in a few years now. I know that when I used to, it would cough oil up a little too high through any of the crank vent tubes. Maxxes don't like long wheelies....they do it under protest :biglaugh:

Back