Starting Up Cold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
Is it normal operating procedure to put the choke on to start for the first time in the day? I always put it on to start first time then let it run at 1500 to 2000 rpm for a minute or two. Is this normal for every one else?

I just start mine up with out the choke. Using the throttle to keep it running and then I slowly put the choke on to get it to idle around 1500-2000rpm for a minute or two just like you do. Seems to work for me.

Is it normal operating procedure to put the choke on to start for the first time in the day? I always put it on to start first time then let it run at 1500 to 2000 rpm for a minute or two. Is this normal for every one else?

Depends on the temp, warm day= partial choke, & then 1500 - 2000 rpms for a couple a min, cold day a bit more choke then the same. depends on your set up to, mine runs a bit rich, she'll load up when cold if I dont keep the rev's up a touch.

if it is warm lets say over 60 then no choke is needed for mine, around 40 1/4 choke for a minute or so. If it is cold maybe 1/2 choke and do not it rev over 2000 and get the choke off as fast as the bike will hold it's own. If is under freezing out I will turn on the heat and warm the garage up before going out to start.

I've always used a little choke to start first time of the day, and then adjust between a little to none depending on temperature and how it idles. soon as it idles ok choke is off.

I've always used a little choke to start first time of the day, and then adjust between a little to none depending on temperature and how it idles. soon as it idles ok choke is off.

This Too.......

Dave

Back