Storing bike on concrete

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasondon

Reaction score
Is there any truth to getting flat spots if you store your bike on concrete? I dont have mine on the center stand (should do that) but it sits on concrete during the deep freeze for about 4-5 months, and just wondering if I should have it sit on a couple pieces of plywood of the like.

Anyone??

Is there any truth to getting flat spots if you store your bike on concrete? I dont have mine on the center stand (should do that) but it sits on concrete during the deep freeze for about 4-5 months, and just wondering if I should have it sit on a couple pieces of plywood of the like.

Anyone??

I've kept bikes on concrete through out the winter at -60 deg temps, some on thier center stand and others not. only flat spots that occur were due to air loss. in the spring time I refilled them and no problem. Been doing this since the 70's.

My Vmax is the only bike I've ever had in the garage during winter. Even my $35k chopper sat outside, under a cover in the cold.

Up here we have a condition we like to call "Square tire" thats when you leave your vehicle parked for a length of time and you don't really have your tires pumped up to proper levels. when it gets cold (like -40's and colder) your tires will freeze with that flat spot.

So when you take off down the road its like your driving on a washboard. It goes away after a few miles, but its a good reminder to check your tire pressure.

Thanks for the reply...haha I have heard of the "square tire"....anytime I think it is too cold here in Calgary I just remind myself that atleast my tires arent frozen and thunk down the road!

Thanks again...

Jason

They may get "flat" spots in them from extended periods of sitting but like KJ said they will smooth out with a few miles of use.

Sean

Back