Supertrapp help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
Ok. Maybe I missed something, but there's no way these should be THIS hard to install. I got the right side on with some difficulty, bit they're there. The left side is impossible. The front pipe runs into a seam on the rear pipe before I can get the inlets to line up. Has anyone had a similar problem or can you see a solution?
yvebujez.jpg
7ebyzuta.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You may need to loosen the front and rear pipes to let them rotate into place and line up for the install.

Indeed, when they don't line up right the best way is to loosen the other ends - usually just loosening one of the pipes is enough - the rear ones always worked for me.

Of course you guys saved me again. Went on in seriously 20 seconds after I loosened the front pipes. Only ran it for about 15 seconds, but they sound just how I want.

OH, and sorry for starting the 11tybillionth thread about Supertrapp install issues.

I suggest making a spreadsheet for your fasteners. When re-installing, do them & check 'em off, one-by-one. Yes, it takes a bit of time, but you won't lose any fasteners or equipment from forgetting to tighten them. With the spreadsheet saved on the computer, just print-out the sheet the next time you need to do the repair, plus it gets you in the habit of keeping records. You can footnote your repair procedure records to your receipts and know exactly when & from-whom you bought parts, though you might want to limit access to the financials if your $ spent is a sore-point w/the missus.

What is the easiest way to loosen rear header pipes? I couldn't reach those inner bolts with any tool, so I just forced my slip-ons to place. It might be good to loosen those bolts, so headers would get to right places and wont be under force all the time?

I ended up just loosening the front ones and everything slipped together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back