Surgery

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Thanks guys! Well as you might imagine I lived! I am already better than before yet still in pain. I'm on steroids for the inflammation and what not but the surgery was a seemingly successful one.

Thanks again guys!

Not sure if I'll be riding this year or not but we'll see. I'm NOT pushing it.

The doc said it was REALLY bad and was a big chunk in there.:Dead: When I do things I do them B-I-G!

Thanks again guys. A couple more weeks off and then hopefully back to work.:punk:

Chris

Hello I am pretty new to posting on here. I had the exact same surgery on 1-28-08 I am still going through PHY therapy until the end of may. I did manage to take a 100 mile bike ride this last weekend. I had a few short ones before just to test it out. It was nice to get out on the bike again.There is no way I could have come close to ridding my bike before the surgery..even geting on it lol. So give your self a few months to get better ,3 or so and give it a shot....ask your doc also..good luck. BTW I hope you did better than me I put 40 LBS on since I have been injured good thing I own a bike with TQ lol.

Great News! Glad to hear things went well.

See you at Conesville!
No sir!

No way I'm pushing this!

Hello I am pretty new to posting on here. I had the exact same surgery on 1-28-08 I am still going through PHY therapy until the end of may. I did manage to take a 100 mile bike ride this last weekend. I had a few short ones before just to test it out. It was nice to get out on the bike again.There is no way I could have come close to ridding my bike before the surgery..even geting on it lol. So give your self a few months to get better ,3 or so and give it a shot....ask your doc also..good luck. BTW I hope you did better than me I put 40 LBS on since I have been injured good thing I own a bike with TQ lol.

About 20 but I will get back to the exercise soon and walk it off. I'd like to ride but I'm NOT pushing it at all! I guess I'll have to spend more time at the lake and on the boat...:biglaugh:

Thanks guys!

Oh and I'll keep you POSTED... lol

Chris - great to hear you're doing well - and I think you're wise to not push it . Heal properly the first time & be done with the pain for good - but you know if your Vmax sits for a while the carbs will go to hell, so I'm willing to help you out. Ship your bike down here to Palm Harbor for a belated "spring break" & I promise to run plenty of fresh gas through it every week & make sure no dust gathers anywhere. Just lookin' out for ya Bra...

Glad it went well. Don't over do it and you'll be as good as new soon. If you get too bored, just check in here for my next stupid question. I can entertain you for hours.:rofl_200:

Good to here that the surgery went well and the didn't leave any drill bits behind. Recover quickly but don't overdo it. give yourself time to heal fully.
Lew

Plus-plus to all the 'take it easy' advise.... Don't rush it!

Get well soon, and if you have any of them real good 'pain killers' left over, send to:

Uncle Philthy!

It's funny as I have a TON of the drugs left as I have taken NONE of them since the surgery. I have only taken 3 Tylenol this AM around 4 or so because I was a bit stiff.

Thanks all!

Chris

Bump!!!

How'z the spine Hippie????

There's good days and bad days but at least I can walk and am not in pain ALL the time...:eusa_dance:

Riding is limited but I did start back at the gym lifting. :punk:

Thanks for asking.

Chris

Prayin' for you, Chris!
Heal fast, and fully.....

Just realised the thread is a few months old.......
Oh well, it's the thought that counts!

Back