Survey

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggerzmound

Reaction score
Did anyone else get the survey from Yamaha about the Vmax?
I suspect they feel that they overpriced the bike, as most of the questions were asking if I wanted one and what price I thought would be fair.

I took a survey for Yamaha when they were still developing the Gen II. I told them to keep the price down or they'd be losing a lot of potential sales. We See how well they listened... NOT......

Dave

I took a survey for Yamaha when they were still developing the Gen II. I told them to keep the price down or they'd be losing a lot of potential sales. We See how well they listened... NOT......

Dave

+1 agreed. Took the same survey myself.

Just took their new survey. Told them I'd buy one in a heartbeat for $13,999.99 or below...
We'll see how they respond to that. Probly raise the price or quit making them.....:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I didn't get the survey but originally wanted to buy a 2009. I was having a rough time spending that much on my first VMax so I ended up getting a clean 05' with some mods for about 1/3 of what I would've spent on the 09'. I know it's not the HP,braking,handling etc. of the Gen II but it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it and that's all that counts.:biglaugh: Maybe one of these days I'll get a nice low mileage 09' when the price comes down.
Mike

Yep...too expensive, too big, and too many downsides. Been hearing about issues with the electrical, and the 80 mile range is just ridiculous. Sorry, there's just no excuse for that, I don't care how fast it is. It either needs more gas or better MPG. If BMW can put 190 to the rear tire and still pull 40+mpg, so can Yamaha.

Figure that out, take about $5k off the sticker price, and I'll be interested. Until then....nope.

I rememeber in 07' the dealer had the Max for 10K something.. My wife was all for getting a 2nd Gen if they were not over $12,900. I figured a 2k jump from 1st Gen to 2nd Gen was acceptable. When she seen the price of the 2nd Gen. She said something like F*&K OFF! to this day I am not sure if she was telling me that or Yamaha.. LOL

G

At Daytona the Yamaha tent had a Gen II on dosplay & the ticket they were advertising was $20K! I think it had a few accessories, but, c'mon! The best deal Yamaha offered at Daytona was all-weather jackets w/multiple zip-out linings for $90 which was 1/2 price. They were really nice, but glad I held off as I got a new Tourmaster just like inside the May 2011 Motorcyclist and Cycle World p. 3-4 double-page ad, same color jacket. A great product! Loaded w/useful features & well-vented. I got it at a close-out sale around Ft. Lauderdale.

I did see Ricky Gadsen there too, at Daytona, but he was in the Kawi tent on a new ZX10R, probably the one he put well into the 9's (9.4, 154 mph)

Did anyone else get the survey from Yamaha about the Vmax?
I suspect they feel that they overpriced the bike, as most of the questions were asking if I wanted one and what price I thought would be fair.

I didn't get it....

As far as price goes, it wouldn't be unfair if the bike cost tthe same as a Hayabusa or a ZX14, after all, besides the twin rear shocks, which were kind of a styling need based on the location of the gas tank dictated by not having a high lumpy tank like a superbike,. it has as much or more technology in it than those bikes.......

I have no idea what those bikes sell for, but from what very one is saying about the Gen II being overpriced I suspect it's much more than those bikes....

I'm still waiting to see the numbers on this Motus V4!

Attachments

• Motus MST-R.jpg
    Motus MST-R.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 22
I agree Trev, if it has performance numbers that come close to a FJR (or better) it may replace the FJR as my next bike, dependent on competitive pricing.
I have been following their progress on Facebook and I like what I see so far.:punk:

Back