SyncPro

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98blackvmax

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if anyone has used the SyncPro carb sync tool.Trying to calibrate tool followed instructions to a T and no matter what I do the fluid gets sucked into the engine.Anyone have any idea why loosing my mind.

Thanks Rob M.

I've got mine set up with Marvel Mystery Oil because it came with too little of their fluid. It's a RPITA to get all tubes even, you need the air gaps pretty small and very equal so the fluid stays down in the tubes. Idle should be about 1/4 scale... this will give you readings at rpm without sucking out the fluid... Whatever you use for that...

I'm going to toss this and get a Carb Tune... I thought the Sync Pro was going to be just fine but it's a Pain in the Ass, Sorry to Say...

I just bought a SyncPro. It is killing me. I try to calibrate it but it sucks out the blue crap no matter how far I open the calibration screws. Has anyone made this work and what am I doing wrong?

I made this junk work. If you are deciding on a Sync Tool to purchase, buy something else.

Never had a problem with mine. No sucking fluid, no problems calibrating or syncing. Works like a dream for me.

Say, did you set the little brass air restrictors in each of the 4 tubes?

I have one. The first time I used it, it was all over the place. Unknown to me at the time, I had a vacuum leak which was causing the setup calibration off of carb 2, to be much lower vacuum than when I hooked up to any other carb.
After testing the calibration on each of the four ports it dawned on me something other than sync was causing the gauges fluid to go up high.
After checking every single hose on the bike from top to bottom and finding/fixing a hole, it worked like a champ.

I do recommend that you calibrate it on the low side (Fluid just rising up about an inch) at first and then get the carb sync close. Then re-calibrate it at a higher level (1/4 of the way up the scale) and do the fine syncing while blipping the throttle between adjustments.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back