Tearing Up The Town

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotsokids

Reaction score
*General Bike Discussion*

So I rode my Max to lunch through town today. I have my *VERY LOUD* race pipes installed now. So when I roll through my little town in Hungary, my bike gets a lot of attention. Many poor people here and fuel is over $7 / gallon, so mostly horses, scooters, and cars with usually a 1.2 liter engine are here. Well, I have a 1.2 L also. :biglaugh: I nailed the throttle a couple times, and MAN... this thing seems to be running in BEAST MODE. If it doesn't light up the rear tire, it launches HARD!

"Rotating the earth with my rear tire" I call it.

I guarantee this is the closest I'll ever come to operating a Top Fuel dragster. My bike actually sounds like one. True 4-into-4 exhaust. On small roads in town, there is a big echo off the buildings. Wow.

I'm not telling y'all anything new. I'm just thankful to ride a V-Max like the rest of you.

Just blessed. I'm in bad condition if I stop being thankful. :clapping:

Agreed!

There are lots of very loud, very expensive bikes around here but cruisers that scowl and run like the Vmax are scarce. Its unique in a sea of same ol' same ol'. Lots of noise but performance to back it up. I sure wouldnt trade it for the mainstream.

If all I had was a moped and flip flops I would find a way to be thankful, its just so much easier this way.

We're spoiled as we have so many choices to make it LOUD !

Attachments

• # 2 Group Chip 455.jpg
    # 2 Group Chip 455.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 26
I like it !!!!!!!!!
I rode my Vmax around for a day with No cans on it when I was installing my Supertrapps.
I got stopped by three different cops in my town that day.
The first 2 just gave me a verbal warning, the 3rd gave me a verbal warning and then followed me home to make sure I put the exhaust on.
He did tell me that they all thought it sounded totally Bad A$$ though. ;)

There's a guy at work that I don't get along with very well. When riding back from lunch yesterday, I passed him and "blipped" the throttle when I got next to him. When we got to work he said... angrily, "If you do that again, I'll knock you off the road. That's dangerous."
Of course that statement doesn't even make sense at all. Whatever.
So I responded, "Challenge accepted."

On the way home, I miraculously ended up behind him again. I caught up and passed him again in the same fashion, but this time FULL-THROTTLE and the front wheel came up a little. I almost broke his windows with the extreme noise.

No comments today yet. Waiting... What a jerk.

Lol, thats great! I loved setting car alarms off with my Supertrapps and later slash cut UFO mufflers when rolling through my small village. The Holeshots i have on now dont do it, kinda miss having that level of noise sometimes... but i spend less on earplugs now, lol.

We're all different. That's another reason we ride these beasts. Some like it LOUD.:punk::clapping::punk:

To each his own on this subject. I personally believe that extra lighting and an air horn do more toward saving lives, and loud pipes cause increased animosity toward motorcyclists in general. Just my .02.

I have the Kerker 4-2-1 with the smaller baffle and its still loud, I repacked it and made no difference. I dont mind it, it sounds sweet but if I could knock a few Dbs off after maybe 8pm I would just to be considerate to those that have to be up early for work. I avoid residential areas after dark for that very reason. Im less concerned about the guy in traffic that thinks if he can hear ii its to loud. Its still quieter than an uncorked HD and I dont go around grabbing handfuls just to be a nuisance but sometimes the situation calls for it.

Im 3 miles from the pavement and I can sometimes hear uncorked bikes, thats a bit much IMHO.

I don't think mine are too loud but people say they can hear me coming from a long ways away. I did a sound meter check and mine came out at 114 or 116 db, the funny thing is that there was some UFO pipes that were tested next and he thought he was for sure louder but it was the same db. The Hindle that was tested came in at 106db if I remember correctly.

I wonder what the Kerkers come in at with the different baffles. It doesnt seem to bad if I dont ride like a douchebag but I have never heard it go down the road w/o me on it.

Well as far as I can tell the kerker 4-1 might be loud, but since its more of a 'deeper" tone, it doesnt seem to be as obnoxious.

I love the Kerker 4-1. Still yet to get one...someday. :/

Hey lotso, which pipe do you have?

Back