Temporarily Handing In My Man Card...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well well....what do we have here....:ummm:

A new guy, with a nice stock bike....and eager to learn, it seems...:clapping:

See you REAL soon!! :punk:

That's the first time the mod monkey has ever showed up usually it pokes at my wallet and talks to me in my head .. A FEW MORE MODS THEN LEAVE ME ALONE !! until I get my ass sitting on a gen 2 then come back !!

The MM is a insidious and lecherous primate, take care to keep your wallet and credit cards out of reach. There is no reasoning with the ignorant mingers which is preoccupied with mods and bling for your Vmax.
I've had little luck with the one assigned to me, pretty much spent my money at will. There have been so many packages that have arrived over the years the mailman, UPS and FedEx driver just stop by my office to deliver the boxes to me! They also give me a wink after I sign as if to tell me that the MM has won again.
This is what he did to me!
IMG_2081.jpg

The MM is a insidious and lecherous primate, take care to keep your wallet and credit cards out of reach. There is no reasoning with the ignorant mingers which is preoccupied with mods and bling for your Vmax.
I've had little luck with the one assigned to me, pretty much spent my money at will. There have been so many packages that have arrived over the years the mailman, UPS and FedEx driver just stop by my office to deliver the boxes to me! They also give me a wink after I sign as if to tell me that the MM has won again.
This is what he did to me!
View attachment 38933

Great job BB!! Redbone is looking absolutely terrific!!

Sheeeit...you couldda done it without the machinations of that miserable flea bitten little primate....shouldda booted his bald little ass out years ago! :rofl_200: :clapping:

Yea. Redbone looks great. Hope to one day have my VMax looking that sweet. I'll keep the backrest like folks suggested. Just gotta find a good replacement.

I think my next step is to figure out exactly where my VMax sits on the performance end. Since it's been so long since I've rode, it's really difficult for me to tell if my VMax is running optimally or not. I sure feels fast as hell.

I guess the best way to figure that out is put it on a dyno?

When I hit 6-7k RPM VBoost definitely kicks in and I feel like I go from riding on the VMax to hanging on the VMax. I plan to get a carb tuner and probably spend some time trying to figure out how to use it.

I read here a lot of folks swear by Rotella oil, so I bought some this weekend and will change the oil this week.

I think my next step is to figure out exactly where my VMax sits on the performance end. Since it's been so long since I've rode, it's really difficult for me to tell if my VMax is running optimally or not. I sure feels fast as hell.

When I hit 6-7k RPM VBoost definitely kicks in and I feel like I go from riding on the VMax to hanging on the VMax. I plan to get a carb tuner and probably spend some time trying to figure out how to use it.

I read here a lot of folks swear by Rotella oil, so I bought some this weekend and will change the oil this week.

Don't think you need to get too concerned about performance at this point....stock pipes, more'n likely stock carbs, v-boost working good, she feels fast to you, everything sounds in order. Pull the plugs for a look, if they have good color I'd say save the dyno $'s for something else....progressive fork springs for example.

Bottom line....if she makes you smile...she's got plenty of power & performance!! :punk:

Don't think you need to get too concerned about performance at this point....stock pipes, more'n likely stock carbs, v-boost working good, she feels fast to you, everything sounds in order. Pull the plugs for a look, if they have good color I'd say save the dyno $'s for something else....progressive fork springs for example.

Bottom line....if she makes you smile...she's got plenty of power & performance!! :punk:
+1, no need for a dyno yet, once you can no longer feel the vboost kicking in on a regular basis that's when you should start looking at a performance budget. Danny's suggestion of fork springs are a good starting point for handling, then checking and maximizing the braking system potential are good areas to have squared away before you start making it go faster. Comfort items like bars/ grips and seats can be added in as the budget allows. I would wait on the strictly bling things, but that's just me.
You got her for a good price, she runs well enough for now so I say ENJOY!

Roger that. Thanks a ton gentlemen. Your advice is incredibly helpful. I really appreciate it.

Been a while since I've been on a bike also, mpg is as expected, fast as hell and kicks ass at 6000 rpm as advertised. So I got to assume its running as it should. The more i ride the better I ride so just put some miles in before worrying about performance. Honestly I never pushed my Fazer to the max so I doubt I'll find the limits of the Vmax.

I think you wil find that those "holes" will take the 12 powersupplies that are used for charging from the "lighter" socket in cars. Check out how it is wired... If it does NOT go thru the switch, you can use it to plug in your battery tender for the winter.

BTW, I bought my Vmax after changing a Hpnda SOHC4 from lawn art to a running bike. I got the V-Max so I DIDN'T have to do a lot of work on the bike! (no chain to oil/adjust, no reason to hop it up, looks bad stock). Since then I've put about $1000 into it mostly to dress it up. Best investment- Morley muscle seat and folding hiway pegs.

I missed this in your post about the carb tuner? Is it a mistype whereas you meant to say Carbtune, the carb sync device from England?
If so, the Carbtune is very easy to use and I generally only use it once per year or when doing some carb changes. Instructions come with kit :)thumbs up::thumbs up: on adding the pouch), here is their website: http://www.carbtune.com/

Yep. Ordered a Morgan Carbtune.

Another question. Sometimes when I'm pushing it hard and VBOOST kicks in the Oil Light comes on. Is that normal? It goes off once I roll off the throttle.

Normal for a good running bike lol! It's because the oil light is based on fluid Level (not pressure) and the sensor is at the front of the pan. Under acceleration the oil moves away from the sensor (towards the pickup) which lets it think there is no/low oil.

Sean

Yep. Ordered a Morgan Carbtune.

Another question. Sometimes when I'm pushing it hard and VBOOST kicks in the Oil Light comes on. Is that normal? It goes off once I roll off the throttle.

That light just means your bike is happy!
pinkiehappy.png

I have noticed the light coming on a lot more recently. I thought my oil might be getting low, but the oil level was perfect. I've just been making Woona happy a lot more lately!
twilightsheepish.png

Back