The dangers of linseed oil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way I can carry a tune is in my pocket, on my smartphone.

Great wall decorations, even more-impressive when you play 'em. My buddy worked at Gibson Guitars before he opened his own business. He took-advantage of the employee discount.

My living room wall:
Phew nice wall. You must live alone, or your partner is very accepting of you 😂,

You have variation of sound there from right, metal, rock, black beauty rock, melodic rock, and imbetweenie rock. Very very nice. I really do love ur 3 pickup gibson with the whammy, i’ve tried playing them but my pick sticks through too much now and then and puts me off when it hits the pickup, needs more precision than i have. I like when peter frampton plays this model, same as he plays your es model, he is just damn good with them.

Very impressive, lovely instruments. I’m in the local pub just now getting drunk, always been drunk in a friday night since i popped out the womb. I’ll post some photos of my guitar collection also but later, they are mostly all yank.

Thanks allot, and absolutely agree with your wall as no doubt you need sound variation.

The only way I can carry a tune is in my pocket, on my smartphone.

Great wall decorations, even more-impressive when you play 'em. My buddy worked at Gibson Guitars before he opened his own business. He took-advantage of the employee discount.
Very funny. 😂

Most of my guitar collection are Gibson's, i’ll post later, hopefully people will like them. Lucky mate you have there being involved with Gibson, in my view they are incredible instruments mate.

Do you know D_M today inadvertently invented the first ‘linseed oil self combustible guitar’ a genius in the making there.

Forgot about that one, excellent stuff to revive. Alice Cooper verges on the end of the line. I was leaving primary school, going to secondary when schools out came online, my eldest sister was leaving secondary school at the same time. Fu@~ everyone was dancing out of schools singing his songs. Top guy, needs to be included in the Linseed Oil self Igniting Guitar Project. :) 🎸

While we are still in flames can’t forget these guys

16 year olds in Glasgow know every band member of Kiss. Love them man. I know people who can recite every word on every album of Kiss. They just drew people in by the millions mate.

I was fortunate-enough to see Alice Cooper plenty of times when they were based in Detroit. He's an original, very creative, and he's had a good cast supporting him. Dick Wagner played with him (and wrote songs for him) for a long time. Wagner had his own band, the Frost, before he joined Alice; the Frost being another band I saw live as they toured Michigan. They also were from MI. Yes that's Dick Wagner on School's Out.

His list of people for-whom he played reads like a rock & roll all-stars roll-call:

Jerry Lee Lewis
Roy Orbison
Rod Stewart
Alice Cooper
Hall & Oates
Lou Reed
Kiss
Aerosmith

I'm not a musician but my favorite guitar is a Gibson Flying V.

Have we not had burning down the house - talking heads, surely the most appropriate so g for this thread?

Btw fm being in detroit, did you see the MC5?

16 year olds in Glasgow know every band member of Kiss. Love them man. I know people who can recite every word on every album of Kiss. They just drew people in by the millions mate.
I'm not quite up to every word on every album but I imagine I'm still a member in good standing of the "KISS Army Club"

Firestarter - prodigy

Keith Flint, no longer with us, was a keen motorcyclist if memory serves me well.

I was fortunate-enough to see Alice Cooper plenty of times when they were based in Detroit. He's an original, very creative, and he's had a good cast supporting him. Dick Wagner played with him (and wrote songs for him) for a long time. Wagner had his own band, the Frost, before he joined Alice; the Frost being another band I saw live as they toured Michigan. They also were from MI. Yes that's Dick Wagner on School's Out.

His list of people for-whom he played reads like a rock & roll all-stars roll-call:

Jerry Lee Lewis
Roy Orbison
Rod Stewart
Alice Cooper
Hall & Oates
Lou Reed
Kiss
Aerosmith

I'm not a musician but my favorite guitar is a Gibson Flying V.
Erm, could you be an Allen Collins fan then. I certainly am, I'll say no more as the history of this incredible guy is quite hurtful.

Phew nice wall. You must live alone, or your partner is very accepting of you 😂,
Can't play while the wife is around, which since covid is all of the time as she has a home office now.

I really do love ur 3 pickup gibson with the whammy, i’ve tried playing them but my pick sticks through too much now and then and puts me off when it hits the pickup, needs more precision than i have.
That middle pickup has more pick scratches on it than you can shake a stick at. It was actually given to me by my father, along with the ES 355 on the far left. It has a Jonsey Blues wiring rig in it so that I can turn off the middle pickup completely when I want to...which sadly I do most of the time I play it. I don't play it much anymore because it's just so damn heavy and my back is crap.

I like when peter frampton plays this model, same as he plays your es model, he is just damn good with them.
Yes, he is.

The best sounding guitar of the bunch is the Epiphone Les Paul. (The Birdseye Maple guitar in between the two Gibsons.) It has TV Jones pickups and a Jimmy Page wiring rig in it. 24 tones out of one guitar. All of them just earth shaking.

The guitar on the far right I built from scratch for my daughter. It's a Chandler neck on a Warmoth body with Jonesy Blues wiring and Seymour Duncan pickups. Other than the neck, it's an exact replica in all ways of Kurt Cobain's Frankencaster.

Have we not had burning down the house - talking heads, surely the most appropriate so g for this thread?

I'm getting a bit frightened to use this guitar now :). Although the video has U.S. style houses, phew, Glasgow is off the hook now. :)

Well, Kick-Out the Jams, m-f'ers! Yes, many times. I'd say they can claim status as one of the progenitors of heavy-metal, like the group The Lost Poets can claim to be progenitors of rap.

I once went to a wake at Alvin's Detroit Bar for someone who was a local character in Detroit, he had dealings with and for various bands and etc. Rob Tyner and Wayne Kramer (MC5) were both there. John Sinclair, another Detroit character, was the manager of the MC5 for awhile, before he was incarcerated. When he finally was released from prison, he ended-up as the next-door neighbor to my friend with-whom I attended the wake. He was very knowledgeable about rock & roll history. He had a large record collection. He was also well-known for his politics.

Can't play while the wife is around, which since covid is all of the time as she has a home office now.

The best sounding guitar of the bunch is the Epiphone Les Paul. (The Birdseye Maple guitar in between the two Gibsons.) It has TV Jones pickups and a Jimmy Page wiring rig in it. 24 tones out of one guitar. All of them just earth shaking.

The guitar on the far right I built from scratch for my daughter. It's a Chandler neck on a Warmoth body with Jonesy Blues wiring and Seymour Duncan pickups. Other than the neck, it's an exact replica in all ways of Kurt Cobain's Frankencaster.

Sounds like my house. I had to include an extra room (Laboratory 1 I call it) to install my music equipment. It touches the basestrings of my heart knowing I'm so lucky to be only paying all the bills to get a room that I can call my own laboratory and music room. Tears are welling up on both my glass eye's right now.

After I sent in the last email to you I regretted not mentioning the Epiphone. My hairdresser (that I see every 9 months) has an Epiphone and after having a go at it a while back said to him this is the most underestimated guitar I've ever held. It's a piece of wondrous instrument that compares to guitars 2 times it;s price tag. I find the pickups less than Gibson top level, but the string action and neck feel is second to none.

Your guitar on the far right; I made a mistake with automatically thinking it was a Jackson, certainly looks like one. You obviously know that good pickups are a necessity, and the Seymour Duncan does not have many competitors, nice guitar and good for you thinking of your daughter (and Kurt Cobain).

Your guitar collection the way I look at it, goes from right to left based on harsh and soft tones. Post your amp's also when you get a chance. It;'s truly incredible the people you meet in the diverse path through this very short life.

Well, Kick-Out the Jams, m-f'ers! Yes, many times. I'd say they can claim status as one of the progenitors of heavy-metal, like the group The Lost Poets can claim to be progenitors of rap.

I once went to a wake at Alvin's Detroit Bar for someone who was a local character in Detroit, he had dealings with and for various bands and etc. Rob Tyner and Wayne Kramer (MC5) were both there. John Sinclair, another Detroit character, was the manager of the MC5 for awhile, before he was incarcerated. When he finally was released from prison, he ended-up as the next-door neighbor to my friend with-whom I attended the wake. He was very knowledgeable about rock & roll history. He had a large record collection. He was also well-known for his politics.
My musical claim to fame is simply down to the fact that I ran into Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Seriously. I ran into him and damn near flattened him on the way to the bathroom. It was in Athens, Georgia at the Tate center in the early to mid 80's. I apologized to him and he was very cool. We were both pretty lit and he motioned for me to go ahead. We went to the men's room and I was still telling him I was sorry. (It was all my fault as I was pretty lit and wasn't paying a damn bit of attention to where I was going.)

Firestarter - prodigy

Keith Flint, no longer with us, was a keen motorcyclist if memory serves me well.
Great songwriter, he must have been terribly troubled when he left us.

:)Again another inclusion to the project. I'm thinking i might need to build up a few of these guitars and get a pair of asbestos gloves to survive the gig, maximum 20 mins due to toxic fumes I would imagine.

Latest posts

Back