The time has come.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to Marks to check out that Gen II on the Island, aren't ya Dan ?

yeah go get that thing...:eusa_dance: Hope it works out for someone on the Forum:eusa_dance: since I was the one that listed it on here isnt there a Finders TEST RIDE Fee:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl

Going to Marks to check out that Gen II on the Island, aren't ya Dan ?

Not at Marks Rick, altho that was nice of him to offer, but a parking lot probly not too far from him. Turns out the guy is somewhere in Jersey and agreed to meet me halfway....actually, he offered, which was mighty nice of him. :worthy:

ohhhh yaaaaa....love road trips.....

Me too Rov....they're gettin' awful expensive these days tho!! What ever happened to the $500 'junkers in boxes' road trips? :confused2:

yeah go get that thing...:eusa_dance: Hope it works out for someone on the Forum:eusa_dance: since I was the one that listed it on here isnt there a Finders TEST RIDE Fee:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl

And I thank you for that U2L....a Finders Test Ride? Well sir, you come on up tp BRC, we'll have some brownies and pizza pie and talk that over!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'm having nothing but bad luck getting another engine together. The last two were scrap cases and cranks. I'm glad they were free. I did end up with some stuff I'll use. Anyone that see's a Venture 1300 engine 86-93 for my next project, please let me know. I'll be hitching up the trailer. It's got to be in the Northeast for a pick up. Shipping is a killer. Plus, checking them out before handing over cash is a good idea. Dann-o, good luck on the trip.
biglaugh.gif

Steve

Last edited:
Good for you Danny! You're going to love the new bike.

If you want shoot me a PM and I'll reply with my cell# in case you have some questions once you see the bike, or need a hand with something.

Mark

Excitement is in the air. I can sense it. Congrat's if you get the new bike.

safe travels man..... and really check the throttle down low...the slight just on off gas ....there was a service recallI think on the adjustment on the butterfly assemble/carb looking setup.....
one I drive had that slightest hessitation....took dealer a couple years to get yamaha to chg it and reprogram I think to fix it....

Sorry for the delay in following up....everything went perfect. The bike is like new, as you would expect at 2800 miles, we agreed on $9300 and I loaded up the bike and brought it home. I did drive it across the lot where we met but it was gravel and loose stone so not much of a sample...but when I got home I immediately 'geared up' and went for some miles! :clapping:

The fuel light was blinking so I stopped at a gas station and guess what.....no way could I find that stoopid little tab that lifts the flip section...so back home I go, park the bike and get on my mechanics rolling stool and I went around that thing till I located the tab...then back to the gas station, topped up and a little more riding.

Absolutely beautiful machine....the roll-on power in 5th at 60 mph is breathtaking...and smile inducing!! :eek:h yeah:

I'm thrilled with this machine!!:punk:

snip.........the roll-on power in 5th at 60 mph is breathtaking...and smile inducing!! :eek:h yeah:

I'm thrilled with this machine!!:punk:

Oh YEAH!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Great price you scored it for too! Pic's or it didn't happen. :biglaugh:

I will always look at that bike and say That should have been my bike !! damn wife .. WANNA FLIP IT 9800.00 lol good luck with it any chance on a walk around video would love to hear it .

Oh YEAH!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: Great price you scored it for too! Pic's or it didn't happen. :biglaugh:

I know...."This thread is worthless......." :rofl_200:

I will take pics but gotta get the road dust scraped off first....and I live on a dirt road so that just adds to it.........you know how it is, when yer showing off the 'new girlfriend' you want her looking her very best. :biglaugh:

I will always look at that bike and say That should have been my bike !! damn wife .. WANNA FLIP IT 9800.00 lol good luck with it any chance on a walk around video would love to hear it .

Thanks for the offer MM85 but I guess I'll hang onto her for awhile....these Gen II's are just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on that I've run across in a loooong time! :punk:

Sorry, no vid....I don't have the necessary tech knowledge for such a thing.....altho, maybe my sister in law can help....:hmmm: let me see what I can do on that....good idea!

dan thats a under statement....lol

be prepaired to having your face hurt from all the big smiles while riding her....

I know...."This thread is worthless......." :rofl_200:

I will take pics but gotta get the road dust scraped off first....and I live on a dirt road so that just adds to it.........you know how it is, when yer showing off the 'new girlfriend' you want her looking her very best. :biglaugh:

Thanks for the offer MM85 but I guess I'll hang onto her for awhile....these Gen II's are just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on that I've run across in a loooong time! :punk:

Sorry, no vid....I don't have the necessary tech knowledge for such a thing.....altho, maybe my sister in law can help....:hmmm: let me see what I can do on that....good idea!

Congratulations on your new bike, take the time to learn its power characteristics, as it's got probably 80% more HP than your Gen I, right? Things can happen in a hurry.

Go to photobucket and open a free account, and then once you have saved a video into a computer file, on your computer, you send photobucket your video, and then it's just like uploading a photo to a post on here, except the location of the video is your photobucket account. On the right of the posted video on photobucket, when it's up for viewing, you will have several choices for copying the path the video will 'take' to be seen on the forum ('links to this video'). Put your cursor onto the 'IMG' choice, left-click it, and it should change color, and say, 'copied.' Then just left-click on your forum posting, choose 'paste,' and the 'IMG' should show-up as code on the forum screen. Hit 'reply,' below the window you pasted-to on the forum, and it should be on the forum posting, as a video on-which you left-click to view. Like this:

This is a Hyabusa built by Steve at Underpressure, Dania Beach FL which has NoS as a power-adder. It's a Slater Racing bike, one of several. The next video shows the starter stub through-case fitting, a shot of the Fast by Gast carbs, the NoS plumbing, and finally the Schnitz controller for the NoS and electrics.

Thanks FM, I already have a Photobucket account, and have done the IMG deal many times....I may possibly be able to actually pull this video thing off! My camera does take vids....not sure about audio but that's probly there too. Got some shop work to get done but may mess with it after.

You know we all love to see pics and videos. Post 'em when you can.

Latest posts

Back