The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Sean Morley seat in good nik and took a picture to show ya'll what the difference is between stock and his cut down seat.

:thumbs up:

Most cut downs are alike for the most part... :coolgleamA:

Attachments

• 100_2385.jpg
    100_2385.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 232
Best seat for travel?

So of all the seat options Ive seen, which ones have you all found to be the best for traveling on? 500+ mile trips are in my future with a lovely '04 Im picking up monday but Id rather not be sitting on that barrel of a stocker.

Re: Best seat for travel?

I have a corbin seat and a lowered stock seat and for long distance riding, I prefer the corbin seat and so does my wife as a passenger.

Mike

Click on the link at the top right. It will go to the new website we have and there are some newer seat pics we have on there. Click on Vmax then the seat (or seat wording on the right) then you can look at the reworked stockers or click the corbin link near the top to see how we fix the corbins.

Sean Morley

Ok heres what you do...Buy a corbin, then shoot me a p.m. and i will give you the name of a guy that will shave the sides down a bit,and install a gel pad ,then recovered it. all done within a week and for a pretty good price. Then you can ride as long as you want with a happy ass and a smile on your face :eek:h yeah:

Attachments

• DSCN0143 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0143 (Small).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 137
I have a seat from one2dmax (Sean Morley) and while it's a thousand times more comfy than stock. It doesn't lend itself well to large bottomed people. If you are of average size you will be very happy with it.

Mine has gotten more comfy as I loose weight but if I did it again I would probably take out a little less foam.

Quality and service from Sean is great though! :thumbs up:

Big negative to Corbin is The weigh 25 to 30 pounds I bet...:surprise:

I'm 6' 225lb and the RMS Sportmax seat is perfect for me.

I have put over 450 miles in a day and never felt like I was being tortured by the seat. While very low and not as thick padding in it the way it distributes weight over a greater area works very well.

I think UFO and Morleys are likely as good from the way they look but I've never sat on one.

I rode a Corbin about 25 miles once and you couldn't give me one of those; it's too wide, too high, too hard and cosmetically looks like ass....just in my opinion of course:biglaugh:

Rusty

I rode a Corbin about 25 miles once and you couldn't give me one of those; it's too wide, too high, too hard and cosmetically looks like ass....just in my opinion of course:biglaugh:

Rusty
Agreed... I think what Bill did is what you'd have to do to make it worth keeping.:thumbs up:

I will tell you what IMO the seat is the first thing that has to go. Just look at the stock seat, it's shaped almost like a horse saddle with a high crown.
It was the best investment I made by having my seat chopped and flattened and the other 2 pieces match for 150.00.
I am just not thrilled with that type of material with the holes non smooth finish that corbin uses, reminds me of the fabric on my lazyboy chair.

Ok heres what you do...Buy a corbin, then shoot me a p.m. and i will give you the name of a guy that will shave the sides down a bit,and install a gel pad ,then recovered it. all done within a week and for a pretty good price. Then you can ride as long as you want with a happy ass and a smile on your face :eek:h yeah:

What is that inbetween the driver and passenger seat? A change purse?

What is it with nobody liking the Corbin seat? Yeah, I know its fat compared to the stocker. I could see it being a issue for shorter people. But I'm 6'1" and weigh 200lbs so it helps elevate my legs so my knees arent bent in a U-shape to reach the pegs. And it beats the hell out of sitting on a 16" round pipe. Before I purchased a Corbin I wanted to cut down the stock seat. But now I realize that would have been a big mistake with long legs. I guess what I'm getting at is that everybody is shaped differently and opinions differ. So why judge something, when its not on your bike anyway?

Everyone seems to like bashing Corbin seats. I have been using them for about 17 years. I take a lot of trips where we have to average 500 miles per day. That means by the last day it is usually 700-800 miles because of getting behind for various reasons (weather, etc). I have never had a problem other than heat/sweating related, which would happen on any seat. That is what talc powder (or Monkey Butt) is for. I have also added a sheepskin cover during hot weather which is really effective. The firmness and large support area are what helps with extended seat time. Soft, narrow seats will kill your a** as anyone who has travelled with the stock seat knows. Now I do have a problem with the width effectively raising the seat height as I have a 30" inseam. I usually lower a bike if that is too much of a problem.

anybody ever try the one piece seats from Over Racing?

just wondering(im still on the stocker)but looking for a change

doug

What is it with nobody liking the Corbin seat? Yeah, I know its fat compared to the stocker. I could see it being a issue for shorter people. But I'm 6'1" and weigh 200lbs so it helps elevate my legs so my knees arent bent in a U-shape to reach the pegs. And it beats the hell out of sitting on a 16" round pipe. Before I purchased a Corbin I wanted to cut down the stock seat. But now I realize that would have been a big mistake with long legs. I guess what I'm getting at is that everybody is shaped differently and opinions differ. So why judge something, when its not on your bike anyway?

I've ridden on all three... Stock, Corbin, Cut down stock and the cut down stock is hands down better looking and comfy to boot. If I need awesome comfort I use an Air Hawk seat cover which I can remove in about 10 seconds. I'm 6' and have NO issues with room.:confused2: Corbin offers a better pillion pad though.

I have seen plenty of info on the front seat, but what about the passenger. The main reason I am looking into a new seat is because the passenger seat on these bikes is worse than on my R6, and the reason I traded that off is so my girlfriend would have a nicer seat to sit on. Whats the best seat for passenger comfort?

I have seen plenty of info on the front seat, but what about the passenger. The main reason I am looking into a new seat is because the passenger seat on these bikes is worse than on my R6, and the reason I traded that off is so my girlfriend would have a nicer seat to sit on. Whats the best seat for passenger comfort?

Corbin

Back