The Vmax seat thread! The all seat thread!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have much of an ass to start with - LOL!

Attachments

• Muscle Rear Seat - 3.jpg
    Muscle Rear Seat - 3.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 120
Here's the latest masterpiece:

Sean

Attachments

• Flame Corbin 1.jpg
    Flame Corbin 1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Flame Corbin 2.JPG
    Flame Corbin 2.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Flame Corbin 3.JPG
    Flame Corbin 3.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 135
Chris,I'll bet that she's impressed with your avatar!Why not get a picture of her sucking on your vmax grip?

LOL...

While she just rolled her eyes at my avatar there is NO WAY IN HELL she would do it for a photo and I am OK with that.

I respect her to much for that.

UFO or Corbin seat,any other?

I'm new here,just bought an 88 V-max for $2500.Nice bike,26,000 miles,2nd owner threw in a few extras also,Super trapp exhaust,bike cover,trickle charger,saddle bags, seems to run well,took it a 200 mile ride today,don't like the seat. I've seen a few post and see that UFO and corbin seem to be a better fit.Can anyone say if the UFO or corbin is the better fit? Are there any other choices? Looking forward to seeing some opinions. Bob

Re: UFO or Corbin seat,any other?

Congrats, and welcome.

Just hook up with Sean (one2dmax) here on this forum. His seats get rave reviews, and you won't find an easier guy to deal with.

I am in the minority here as I prefer the Corbin. I have had the Corbin and I currently have the SportMax cut-down seat with a gel insert. The advantages / disadvantages of each seat (IMO) follow.

Corbin:
-Better support for long rides. More room to move around (though still not a bunch).
-Ability to add and remove a backrest quickly and easily without the ugly factory setup. (Which I have had on both my Maxes though).
-Causes problems for short legged riders as is wider and forces legs farther apart.
-Firm foam which I believe gives better support for long times in the saddle. Not too firm for long term comfort.

Cut-Down Style (Several providers):
-Looks better.
-Better for short riders.
-No room to move around. Mine holds me in one spot.
-Some pressure on the "private" area because of the upward curve in front.
-Can be very hard, depending on how far it is cut down. Can leave minimal room for the foam cushion.

I would recommend the newer version of the Corbin with the plug instead of flap covering the gas filler. Easier to gas up and has a place for the tool kit. The original version has no place for the tool kit. Be aware that some versions (mostly those sold by Yamaha dealers) do not have the provision for the Corbin backrest and should be avoided.

The longest trip I have taken on a V-Max with Corbin seat is 3500 miles in 7 days. Had to average 500 miles a day which meant some were less and some were more. Had no problems other than the seat height for my 30" inseam. Even just a short trip on my cut down stock seat is mildly uncomfortable. I like to be able to more my butt around to change pressure points occasionally. The upward tilt of the front bothers me also. Heavy braking can cause some discomfort....

All this is just personal opinion. Best to try both for an extended period if possible.

Thanks guys appreciate the opinions.After I posted my question I saw and read the other seat questions.I'd like to talk and see some of Sean's seats.Have either of you or anyone else at the site bought one from him?How do his compare to the UFO and Sportmax,similar,long turn around time?I wrote down his phone # from the other blog,think I'll give him a call.

I bought my seat from Sean. He made the seat to fit me not just a cookie cutter type seat. I weighed ~265 lbs (~253 now and still losing!) when I ordered and he suggested that I not get it cut down too much. If you talk to Sean and let him know exactly what you want, he will make it for you.
Mine is a wider, slightly lowered and very comfortable seat! Here are some pics of my seat:

Attachments

• IMG_2789.jpg
    IMG_2789.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    IMG_2790.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Hi,
First mod to my Max was the Corbin saddle. Its great, much better than stock for any thing longer that 30 min. They will customize for you but it is known to be a bit heavier than stock.
Comes off with just 2 easy to reach bolts-----a lot easier than the stock seat.
Lew

I have been riding on one of the older style Corbin seats with the flap for about two years and just purchased one of Sean's seats. I am supposed to recieve it this week and will post some pictures and first impressions of it. I will also most likely be selling the Corbin so PM me if you are interested.

I had my seat redone by Sargent Cycle Products here in Florida. They replaced the foam in the front section with a much better type. They also shaved a couple of inches off the rear section and replaced it as well. The front is about 2 inches lower and it's a big improvement. My wife says the rear section is alot more comfortable, and she likes being up higher than me since the front is lower. Their turn around time was just under 2 weeks. The seat looks great. They'll re-cover it in a marine grade vinyl (I think that's what they called it), or leather if you want to spend the money. I went for the vinyl and I'm totally satisfied.

- Mark (mdr-5041)

Got my seat from Sean and it not only looks awesome but rides great! I am amazed at the difference it made in how comfortable the bike is and I never would have believed the difference it made in the way the bbike feels when you ride it hard into turns!

Re: new seat

I have the UFO seat on my '85. Its nice for short trips. It kinda smashes my balls a little. If the seat was more flat on the bottom to give me a little bit of forward and back room it would be much better.

Back