Thinking about it...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-Seed

Reaction score
Playing with the idea of selling my 98 max and picking up a Night Rod. Thoughts?

Playing with the idea of selling my 98 max and picking up a Night Rod. Thoughts?
I love Vrods,all though I don't have one. Wouldn't mind one setting next to my Vmax. I've road my friends and I could sware it handles better then the 1st jen.The forward controls are not for me, but Harley makes a mid control kit now. I'm a member on the Vrod forum & I can tell you it's nothing like our VMF. But still the best place to go for Vrod info.Ask any Harley rider & they will tell you, IT'S NOT A REAL HARLEY:biglaugh:

Not yet.... Why?

I dont know what he was specifically getting at but to me, I am kind of a function over cosmetics guy (within reason). Now, the night rod is an amazing looking bike. But function wise they fall in the same realm to me.

For my thoughts. If you have the money and if thats what you want, then by all means, give it a go.

The one V-rod I would want would be the Street Rod. I like the mid mount controls, and it has a tighter rake to it than the other bikes in that series. That being said, I think I would still prefer the V-max, chiefly because the V-rod was never one of my dream bikes, while the V-max was my FIRST dream bike!

If you wanna take a step down in the speed department then the Vrod might be a good choice. But they can't hang with Vmax's. I've enjoyed EVERY time I pull up at a light and the Vrod rider thinks they are fast but in about 2 seconds they realize they bit off a bit more than they thought and they've been SMOKED by the mighty Max!! But hey, if that's what you want, enjoy and good luck.

I hate the idea of ditching the Max cos I enjoy wrenching on it. The one I am eying is a 2010 and a flat 13k. I know I would loose the speed....ahhh, I hate decisions like this.

This is what I ride now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373850623.782948.jpg

It just doesn't have the oomph the max has. I didn't like the reach to the forward controls.

I did like the smooth motor (although not max-level power). It sounds pretty good and winds up fast. I think the front end is a little too raked out for me.

If I was going for one, I'd get one of the mid-control models.
The finish of parts and what not is great, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think the pegs mounted back was a very limited issue, but I don't hang in HD showrooms. I like the looks, it's a modern bike for HD. They use it as a basis for a drag-only model which runs 10's.

Good....I may be just a bit prejudiced, but I think you will be happier this way.

Back